Ram order is in.. now the long wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G rams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What exactly did you order? My 3500 Laramie has been in D1 for about 3 weeks now. I got the 5th wheel prep & wondering if that is why it has sat in D1 for so long. It really seems like there is no rhyme or reason why some sail right through while others take twice as long. I did order with a sun roof so maybe that is my hold up. Order date was 1/31/22. Had a VIN in about 3 weeks later & was put into D1 3/22/22. From info I have gathered from here & other forums, I was expecting it to be built around the 1st of April but nothing yet! :confused:
Well folks, that makes it 3 months and I’m not at D status yet. Dealer says 5th wheel parts outstanding before it can go to D, it’s been that way for 6 or so weeks. Not looking promising.
We ordered 7 months ago. We live in Ontario Canada. Dealer has no idea when to expect our Ram. So silly that Canadians do not get transparency on our Ram orders, no VIN, no Von, and dealers not being able to follow what stage order of truck is in.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't see anyone mentioning whether their order was a 1500 or Heavy Duty

HD Rams normally take 1 month more than 1500s when ordering.
Of coarse these are not Normal times

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yes - HD Rams are built in Mexico, as it says on my door sticker. Not sure where half tons are assembled.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram 1500 Classics are built in Warren Michigan

Ram 1500 5th Gen are built about 10 miles away in Sterling Heights Michigan

Megadeth1

Reaction score
We are in the same boat. Ordered truck in Ontario Canada seven months ago. Dealer has no information to give us.
Just to reiterate, when I was ordering the truck, it was a package that was most readily available hence the quicker delivery. I had to leave out a couple of features, get Line X after delivery etc.

If you asked for a sunroof, tech package or blind spot monitors then that could be the reason.

G rams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just to reiterate, when I was ordering the truck, it was a package that was most readily available hence the quicker delivery. I had to leave out a couple of features, get Line X after delivery etc.

If you asked for a sunroof, tech package or blind spot monitors then that could be the reason.
Thank you for your reply. No, we did not order a sunroof or tech package or blind spot monitors. There is no rhyme or reason for our order taking so long.

G rams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I don't see anyone mentioning whether their order was a 1500 or Heavy Duty

HD Rams normally take 1 month more than 1500s when ordering.
Of coarse these are not Normal times
Ordered a Bighorn Megacab Diesel 3500, September 13 from dealer in Ontario Canada

G rams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ram 1500 Classics are built in Warren Michigan

Ram 1500 5th Gen are built about 10 miles away in Sterling Heights Michigan
Ordered a Bighorn Megacab Diesel 3500, September 13 from dealer in Ontario Canada

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
My order is for a 3500 HD Longhorn. No sunroof or Ram boxes, but I do have some of the tech options.

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Finally went to D this week with VIN issued. Now I can finally track some progress using the VIN. Hope to see some more progress soon!

Downzero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had my vin for weeks. Still can't track anything with it. I think it has to be built before you can track anything.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I see some orders that are not moving very fast are
MEGACABS

The Saltillo Mexico Assembly Plant builds

RAM 2500s, 3500 Crew & Mega cab Rams
4500 & 5500 Chassis Cabs
1500 Regular Cabs, they may be on a 2500 frame ??

That would be 5 or 6 frame sizes & 3 cab sizes

In another building, they make Ram Vans

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I see some orders that are not moving very fast are
MEGACABS

The Saltillo Mexico Assembly Plant builds

RAM 2500s, 3500 Crew & Mega cab Rams
4500 & 5500 Chassis Cabs
1500 Regular Cabs, they may be on a 2500 frame ??

That would be 5 or 6 frame sizes & 3 cab sizes

In another building, they make Ram Vans
My 2500 Megacab order is moving right along. Ordered 3/30, already in D1, est shipping date of 6/2. I got lots of things that are suppose to slow the order down. Ramboxes, sunroof, BSM, cattle/tan Limited Longhorn, etc. I don't know what the magic formula is, but I don't think it's Megacabs that is slowing things down.

Whereismytruck22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins HO Diesel
My Ram 3500 was built on February 15, 2022. It was supposedly shipped, but neither Ram Customer Service or the dealer can tell me where it actually is!

Ram Customer Service claims that I should contact my dealer. The dealer claims that the (nationwide) vehicle tracking site is currently “down” due to a cyber attack and has been for over 1-month(?)

Is anyone in the same situation or heard of this issue???

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
My Ram 3500 was built on February 15, 2022. It was supposedly shipped, but neither Ram Customer Service or the dealer can tell me where it actually is!

Ram Customer Service claims that I should contact my dealer. The dealer claims that the (nationwide) vehicle tracking site is currently “down” due to a cyber attack and has been for over 1-month(?)

Is anyone in the same situation or heard of this issue???
Someone else on here, in a different post, stated that this was true. But that was several weeks ago. I would have thought they would have it fixed or a work around by now.

Des928

Reaction score
Ram Year
Waiting
Engine
Waiting
(Australia) Placed an order for a 1500 Limited in Feb and was told 2-3 weeks to get a VON and delivery about October (a lot of work converting to RHD). 3 months later, NOTHING. Sent a message to RAM Aus and, NOTHING.
Another posting on this forum, dated before my order, stated "There is a person in Australia that has been waiting for a year this month & no one at his dealership is willing to dive deep & find out why there is a hold up".
I know there are lots of holdups and I am prepared to wait (like the car, Limited), but someone somewhere should have been able to give me an approximate date (which could be updated as required), current status. Absolute pathetic customer service.
And the dealer? I would cancel the order right now given the totally incorrect estimates except I don't want to enter the queue from the start.
Has anyone in Australia with an order been given delivery information? Might help me determine my status.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered 2/4, arrived at dealer today. 4 hours later I was driving it home. Love this truck so far. Time will tell if it loves me back!04E801CD-CD11-4694-9348-494DF1B59190.jpeg