Ram order is in.. now the long wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
There may be some light on the horizon for orders. Or, maybe I'm being lied to!:) Placed order at my dealer on 1/5 for a 2022 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab short bed Ecodiesel. Dealer said to expect 3-4 month wait. But, by the 11th, the order was in the system, VIN and VON assigned, all parts available and scheduled for production with an estimated ship date of 1/29 which would be less than 3 weeks from order. Hope it happens. I do have a question for anyone who has traded in another RAM on their new truck. I have a 2016 Tradesman Hemi Club Cab 4X4 with 65K miles I'll either trade in or sell myself. Have you been able to get Blue Book - more - less for trade ins lately?
Wow, that is insane. I keep wishing for news like this, but it is what it is. My ideal timeline would be March/April to get through the worst of winter here and be ready for camping season.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Here is my order timeline on a 2022 Longhorn 1500, ECOdiesel, Level 1, Multi-functional tailgate, and a few other options;

Ordered 11/30/21
Build sheet 01/11/22
Truck Built 01/13/22
Window Sticker 01/14/22
Shipped 01/18/2022
Dealer Delivered in 49 days 01/18/22 (I live and bought in southeast Michigan)

The scary part is the MSRP when up $2,085.00 from order to the issuance of the window sticker. Fortunately, I was price protected for the amount at the time of order.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Here is my order timeline on a 2022 Longhorn 1500, ECOdiesel, Level 1, Multi-functional tailgate, and a few other options;

Ordered 11/30/21
Build sheet 01/11/22
Truck Built 01/13/22
Window Sticker 01/14/22
Shipped 01/18/2022
Dealer Delivered in 49 days 01/18/22 (I live and bought in southeast Michigan)

The scary part is the MSRP when up $2,085.00 from order to the issuance of the window sticker. Fortunately, I was price protected for the amount at the time of order.
Nice build and congratulations, would love to see pictures. My dealer had a similar build on the floor, definitely a beauty. 49 days is really impressive. Definitely looking like some trucks are being turned around in much shorter time.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nice build and congratulations, would love to see pictures. My dealer had a similar build on the floor, definitely a beauty. 49 days is really impressive. Definitely looking like some trucks are being turned around in much shorter time.
There are a lot of people on the various RAM forums trying to put rhyme to reason on how RAM selects orders sequencing. There are folks out there that have ordered a "like mine" vehicle that I got in about 8 weeks (my delivery is this Friday if I get a chance to make it out, the dealer is an hour away) months ago. I feel chosen.

I'll post pictures when I pick it up. Don't expect anything big, it is just yet another 2022 RAM, but for me, it will be mine.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Picked it up yesterday. Just another 2022 RAM ECODiesel but this one, it is mine :)

Hard to swallow the MSRP of these trucks, the MSRP increased by $2,085 between my order date (11/30) and yesterday. Fortunately, I was priced locked at the time of order, received the November incentives, and received a $2,500 additional incentive because my trade-in, 2013 Laramie 1500, had a MAXCare lifetime service contract that was canceled.

I did buy a MAXCare 8 year 85K mile for this one. I guess what made it affordable is the high value my trade brought.

ItsAllMine.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

killborn

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking at a 2022
Engine
Congratulations, I hope you have many happy miles. I managed to shop around for FCA partner pricing, which helped bring my price down. I’m also locked in right now and the price has gone up just over $2k for the same build in just 2 weeks. Hoping for some rebate to kick in before my truck makes it in, but it’s nice to see some folks getting their vehicles sooner than expected.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked it up yesterday. Just another 2022 RAM ECODiesel but this one, it is mine :)

Hard to swallow the MSRP of these trucks, the MSRP increased by $2,085 between my order date (11/30) and yesterday. Fortunately, I was priced locked at the time of order, received the November incentives, and received a $2,500 additional incentive because my trade-in, 2013 Laramie 1500, had a MAXCare lifetime service contract that was canceled.

I did buy a MAXCare 8 year 85K mile for this one. I guess what made it affordable is the high value my trade brought.

View attachment 483546
Good looking ride, congrats and many miles.

Chas0218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put my 2500 gas Big Horn build in on the 19th, vin generated next day just waiting to go to D1 status now.

Attachments

• 20220123_134941.jpg
    20220123_134941.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 10

Chas0218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congratulations, I hope you have many happy miles. I managed to shop around for FCA partner pricing, which helped bring my price down. I’m also locked in right now and the price has gone up just over $2k for the same build in just 2 weeks. Hoping for some rebate to kick in before my truck makes it in, but it’s nice to see some folks getting their vehicles sooner than expected.
Yeah im kicking myself for not getting in 2 weeks ago

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
With the high demand for new vehicles, low interest rates, and 7% inflation if you want a new truck you better grab it. Even financing will save you money as long as the interest rate is lower than the inflation rate. I'm afraid we aint seen nothing yet.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
2 people from 2 different States can order the exact same 1500 series truck, at the same day & time & the last 6 numbers can be a single number apart.
The person living closest to Chicago will get their Ram first,
If the other Ram is going to Florida, or anywhere on the West Coast, may get their Ram as much as 2 weeks later & you can add another week for vehicles going to Vancouver Island or Nova Scotia

snthor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodeisel
Hi Everyone. New to the Forum and have been reading much in the background. Thought I’d share my timeline to date.

On order is a 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary. Trailer package, patriot blue, ecodiesel engine, limited level 1 equipment group, and 33 gal gas tank. Yes has the dual sunroof as well—lots of chips I suppose.

Timeline to date:

12/15/21 — order placed
12/29/21 — email from RAM with VIN
1/25/22 — Truck built at Stellantis and build sheet available within 24 hrs
1/27/22 — Window Sticker available
1/28/22 — Had dealer check and should arrive at dealer in next two weeks

I’m shocked b/c I was told 16-18 weeks by the dealer. Ram Care said 7-9 weeks shortly before it was built. Really we are looking at maybe 61 days from the acknowledgement of the order by Ram. So, maybe good news at least for this particular manufacturing plant.

Anyway, thanks for all the good posts and information—been a real pleasure following the stories…

My current truck is a 2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-e, and this will be my first “real“ truck as some of my friends have put it, lol.

PapaTut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 24V Cummins
I just got a call from the dealer, my 3500 BigHorn is scheduled to shop on Feb 21st and will take 5 weeks to get to the dealership in CA. That will put me close to 7 months from the date I ordered.

Chas0218

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the high demand for new vehicles, low interest rates, and 7% inflation if you want a new truck you better grab it. Even financing will save you money as long as the interest rate is lower than the inflation rate. I'm afraid we aint seen nothing yet.
Yeah it seems like the new market is starting to adjust to the used market. Granted demand drove the price up a little but inflation was the biggest factor for the price increase.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I see everyone posting a Priced Order Confirmation
& calling it a Build Sheet

1643443435692.png

My Build Sheet is at least 3 pages long

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see everyone posting a Priced Order Confirmation
& calling it a Build Sheet

View attachment 484126

My Build Sheet is at least 3 pages long

True, that is definitely a POC. Most build sheets on newer trucks will be at least 8 pages if not 10+, to show all standard and optional equipment.

If not already noted, build sheets can be found here once available:

Example from a few of my old trucks:

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My Build sheet, only had the equipment that my Ram came with

The Window sticker had both standard & optional equipment

BossHog i would say Lucked out on his Order Timing
In that he had no Transit Time, that cut delivery time by 1 to 3 weeks

He lives 30 or 40 minutes from the Assembly Plant

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Build sheet, only had the equipment that my Ram came with

The Window sticker had both standard & optional equipment

BossHog i would say Lucked out on his Order Timing
In that he had no Transit Time, that cut delivery time by 1 to 3 weeks

He lives 30 or 40 minutes from the Assembly Plant

Right, my build sheets also only list what my rams came with as well. That includes all standard equipment as well as any options that were selected. I've never seen a build sheet that short, the shortest I have for the rams I've had is my 2011 regular cab sport at a little over 6 pages:

The window sticker shows a lot of this as well, but overall is not as complete as the build sheet for showing everything that particular truck has from the factory. The build sheet from what I can tell tends to be the most accurate source as well, as I've seen a few window stickers have incorrect information (although very rare).

And I agree on BossHog, he made out pretty well on his order and it is a beautiful truck!

Derail97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO
There may be some light on the horizon for orders. Or, maybe I'm being lied to!:) Placed order at my dealer on 1/5 for a 2022 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab short bed Ecodiesel. Dealer said to expect 3-4 month wait. But, by the 11th, the order was in the system, VIN and VON assigned, all parts available and scheduled for production with an estimated ship date of 1/29 which would be less than 3 weeks from order. Hope it happens. I do have a question for anyone who has traded in another RAM on their new truck. I have a 2016 Tradesman Hemi Club Cab 4X4 with 65K miles I'll either trade in or sell myself. Have you been able to get Blue Book - more - less for trade ins lately?
Check around with some of the Internet dealerships, i got approx. 6k over blue book with money in bank within 12 days. Buddy sold his for 4800 over what he paid 2 years ago on his truck.