Ram Rebel GT Boom Sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgwachob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all,

Have a 2022 Rebel GT, which has the TRX type exhaust. I have been having trouble with what sounds like bass drum beats that come from my truck. It started after a couple thousand miles. It sounds like when you turn your stereo down to almost off but you can hear a base beat. (YES I have turned the sound system off to verify its not the stereo) It is not excessively load like a back-fire but loud enough to be irritating. Sometimes it will do it infrequently, which I might consider acceptable, but other times it is a constant boom, boom boom. It also can do it at almost any speed, under mild acceleration or coasting. I have had it to the dealer three times now and of course as soon as a tech crawls in it stops. I had a recall on an E-torch module done which seemed to make it much better but every now and then it comes back. I was at the dealer today picking up a friend and when I was circling the parking lot, it started and was constant. By the time I went back to the door and got the tech to come out, it stopped.

Anyone hear of or have this this problem?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
MDS (4 cylinder mode) can sound like an underwater subaru or underwater helicopter on certain types of modified exhausts.

OP
OP
R

rgwachob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what a Subaru sounds like underwater. ;) If it sounds like the beating of a muffled base drum, then that's it. I have noticed it seems to do it more often when the ECO light is on, but not always. Sometimes it is just a couple of times, a second or two apart, sometime it continues for a minute or two, a second or two apart, sometimes even 5 - 10 seconds apart. I am suspecting the TRX exhaust option on the GT as being a part of it, as you suggested with modified exhausts.

You would think other GT owners would be having the same issue. Maybe they never turn the 19 speakers down low enough to hear it. o_O

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try running in tow haul, or hit the + - button to turn MDS off and see what happens.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
You may also be hearing the cab sound deadening system through the speakers. Next time you hear it, crack the windows down (which turns that system off) and see if it stops. If so, ask the dealer about a software update on that, or get a harness that disables it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey all,

Have a 2022 Rebel GT, which has the TRX type exhaust. I have been having trouble with what sounds like bass drum beats that come from my truck. It started after a couple thousand miles. It sounds like when you turn your stereo down to almost off but you can hear a base beat. (YES I have turned the sound system off to verify its not the stereo) It is not excessively load like a back-fire but loud enough to be irritating. Sometimes it will do it infrequently, which I might consider acceptable, but other times it is a constant boom, boom boom. It also can do it at almost any speed, under mild acceleration or coasting. I have had it to the dealer three times now and of course as soon as a tech crawls in it stops. I had a recall on an E-torch module done which seemed to make it much better but every now and then it comes back. I was at the dealer today picking up a friend and when I was circling the parking lot, it started and was constant. By the time I went back to the door and got the tech to come out, it stopped.

Anyone hear of or have this this problem?
Hey there,

We see that you have received some great advice from your fellow forum members! However, if these suggestions do not address your concern and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process! We're available via private message.

Callie
Ram Cares