Ram Rebel TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upflying

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yesterday my son said he was driving to work northbound on SR95 north of Las Vegas. As he was passing by the Mt Charleston on-ramp, a fully covered/camouflaged/concealed Ram pickup merged onto the freeway. He said the truck accelerated extremely hard and rapid. He said the truck had wide body panels and was dirty as if it had been driven off-road.
The truck was displaying manufacturer Michigan plates and was being followed by a Jeep Gladiator with the same plates.
As he passed the truck, the exhaust tone sounded like a V6. He also noticed the dash was also covered and concealed.
After some discussion, both he and I concluded he probably saw a pre-production, 2021 Ram Rebel TRX.
We also felt the truck was headed to Death Valley which is a popular destination for manufacturer vehicle testing.
Sorry no photos, since my son was alone in his truck. We also assumed the V6 exhaust note was probably due the cylinder deactivation. Do you think this Ram was Hellcat powered?
Seems like the rumored Raptor killer is coming.

steven_sbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yesterday my son said he was driving to work northbound on SR95 north of Las Vegas. As he was passing by the Mt Charleston on-ramp, a fully covered/camouflaged/concealed Ram pickup merged onto the freeway. He said the truck accelerated extremely hard and rapid. He said the truck had wide body panels and was dirty as if it had been driven off-road.
The truck was displaying manufacturer Michigan plates and was being followed by a Jeep Gladiator with the same plates.
As he passed the truck, the exhaust tone sounded like a V6. He also noticed the dash was also covered and concealed.
After some discussion, both he and I concluded he probably saw a pre-production, 2021 Ram Rebel TRX.
We also felt the truck was headed to Death Valley which is a popular destination for manufacturer vehicle testing.
Sorry no photos, since my son was alone in his truck. We also assumed the V6 exhaust note was probably due the cylinder deactivation. Do you think this Ram was Hellcat powered?
Seems like the rumored Raptor killer is coming.

Here's a link to a youtube video posted two days ago about the TRX. And a Hellcat motor would not have cylinder deactivation. If it sounds like a V6, it's probably not a TRX. But who knows for sure. Watch the video and let us know what you think.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It was supposed to debut weeks ago, but the pandemic kind of put the brakes on that. If your son was correct about it sounding like a v6, it makes me wonder if the TRX will be available with more than one engine option. If so it might make it more accessible to buyers who won't be able to afford the 80-90k price range for one equipped with the Hellcat engine. I have no interest in buying a Hellcat equipped pick-up. But I would be very interested in one powered by a lesser engine if you could still get it with all the off-road goodies.

OP
OP
U

upflying

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Here's a link to a youtube video posted two days ago about the TRX. And a Hellcat motor would not have cylinder deactivation. If it sounds like a V6, it's probably not a TRX. But who knows for sure. Watch the video and let us know what you think.

My son looked at the video and said it was exactly what he saw.