Ram rip off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailbuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Don’t know if anyone else having this problem. I ordered a 2023 Laramie 1500 crew cab. Added a level 2 option in order to get the heated rear seats as I transport elderly family. Dealer told me it’s included in level 2 . Also every online build and info for this package includes the rear heated seats. Truck finally came with no heated seats in the package. Dealer offer to install I declined and reordered. Now second truck same thing. Dealer now say’s not included in level 2 anymore. So basically I’m paying for level 2 upgrade with no rear heated seats, no credit or knowledge that this has changed. Dealer says factory made decision. Still says online on all Ram builds it’s available. What gives??

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don’t know if anyone else having this problem. I ordered a 2023 Laramie 1500 crew cab. Added a level 2 option in order to get the heated rear seats as I transport elderly family. Dealer told me it’s included in level 2 . Also every online build and info for this package includes the rear heated seats. Truck finally came with no heated seats in the package. Dealer offer to install I declined and reordered. Now second truck same thing. Dealer now say’s not included in level 2 anymore. So basically I’m paying for level 2 upgrade with no rear heated seats, no credit or knowledge that this has changed. Dealer says factory made decision. Still says online on all Ram builds it’s available. What gives??
Very frustrating but sounds like the dealer is at least trying to do the right thing and install it for you.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you looked at any Limited Longhorn trucks? It's standard on that model, so if you look at one and the rear heated seats aren't installed then you know that they just cannot be gotten at this time.
Price between a standard Limited Longhorn and the Laramie with the added package is pretty close to each other.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Dealer wasn't informed of the change. Website maintenance people probably haven't been informed of the change. You're upset because you didn't get what you thought you were getting, and that's understandable....But since you didn't pay for anything yet, how is this a "ripoff"? Why do people always cry THIEF over miscommunications or mistakes? Don't like it, buy something else...It's your money.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
why not just have them add the rear heated seats and be able to sleep at night? seems like a very easy solution. Covid material shortages change how the world has worked in manufacturing and nothing you can do about it.

Logjammin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cringe now when I read that air suspension is considered a "plus". Air suspension is great...till it isn't! Just my 2 cents...

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
why not just have them add the rear heated seats and be able to sleep at night? seems like a very easy solution. Covid material shortages change how the world has worked in manufacturing and nothing you can do about it.
This. Heated seats are a simple install. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. If the truck that came in has everything else BUT rear heated seats, they can add them and have you on your way much sooner than reordering a truck only to find out that it may not have heated seats and having to rinse and repeat. It cost me $100 to add heated seats to my truck and only took me about 6 hrs (working slowly). I would imagine that the dealer could install the factory option in close to the same timeframe. The harness should (I think) already be there (or at least most of it).

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you have an obligation to purchase it? If not, then simply order the one you like with the factory options you like. If you do, then have them install the heated rear seats and be done with it. Perhaps, since it's not your fault, they can install them free of charge to you? Doesn't hurt to ask.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I cringe now when I read that air suspension is considered a "plus". Air suspension is great...till it isn't! Just my 2 cents...
You're right, and I have that opinion when it comes to keeping a vehicle for the long term. All air suspensions will eventually have issues. But many people change vehicles every 3 to 5 years, and the air suspension on 5th gens has proven to be reliable for at least that long. I'm all for getting air suspension since I'm one who doesn't keep vehicles forever. If I was I'd opt for the spring suspension.

AnthonyRI

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Obviously you must have placed your order(s) some time ago, but FWIW right now the package details on Laramie Level B does not show heated rear seats on the actual order system. They are listed as standard on Longhorn/Limited. The consumer facing website certainly lags behind actual availability (and price, sometimes). Largest example it still shows build & price for TRX. Other times, we just don't know what they're going to change even if it DOES show available/applicable on the ordering system. (Small example, confusion on wood/leather wrapped steering wheels). *Note - I don't know who you purchased from of course - just providing some extra context.

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
Me too !!! I wanted air suspension really bad when I got my Longhorn, but ultimately glad it wasn’t equipped with it.

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It does amaze me what was included on my 18 Laramie that is now not included.
Seems all it really is now is a badge on the tailgate.

ericstevenson

Reaction score
What was their reaction when you declined the ordered truck and then ordered the exact same thing?

DeanLefebvre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 eTorque
I would ask the dealer to do a nationwide search for the 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie with the level 2 option package to see if by chance there well may be one with the level 2 option package on it built prior to Stelantis/Ram discontinuing it

Stelantis is on the hook for this because if you read and the dealer ordered that specific package for you, it could be considered false advertising

We are becoming a nation where everyone says that's ok or it's fine when in fact it is not

Example gas was nationally on January 20, 2021 today hovering between 3.30 and 3.89 per gallon

People clap and even cheer that when in fact they should be outraged

So I say stand by your guns get what you want and ordered

One last possibility the dealer installs it but subtracts the level 2 package cost from the final price

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
There are multiple compaints about air susp not working in cold weather climates. That's why I didn't order for my 2017.

Xchief1108

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would check the window sticker or build sheet of the 2 Rams you had built and they most likely say Level B. I went through this when ordering my 22. Luckily the dealer recognized it and then Ram went back to Level 1 and 2 instead of A and B. It is definitely a chip thing though. Ram goes back and forth but as far as I saw and was told if you order Level 2 you will get it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963