Ram Runner Vs. Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
Ram Runner vs Raptor = Oranges vs Apples

Everyone has their own tastes that what is what makes these forums so great. I am not trying to argue with anyone, just sharing my thoughts on the subject.
Apples vs Apples
I have owned a Raptor and in fact traded it on on my current 2012 Ram 1500 Sport. The following is how i see it. I walked in and bought both trucks new from a dealer. The Ram was more expensive that the Raptor. Short of the ventilated seats in my Ram, both trucks were equipped very similarly.
I can tell you that off the showroom floor, i have taken the Raptor places i wouldn't think of taking the Ram. The Raptor was awesome off road, I have jumped it, taken it through whoops, pretty much anything i felt comfortable doing without a helmet and racing harness and i never bent the frame.
In this regard, the Raptor wins in the off-road performance department. Plus, it had a bumper to bumper factory warranty and it got better MPG than the ram (I had a 2010 Raptor with the 5.4l).
I think the Ram has more power, like i said i had the small motor and never driven the 6.2l, find the interior more comfortable/luxurious, and like the looks of the Ram over the Raptor. Given the fact that my trucks spend 95% of their life on pavement, i decided to trade the Raptor in on my Ram so for what i am looking for, the Ram wins.
Now, I believe anyone can build a better truck given enough money whether it be a Ram/Ford/Chevy etc. Money is always the limiting factor to performance. I also believe everything will break if pushed passed it limits, ie the bent frames on the Raptors. The reason we know about the issues of the Raptor is because there are way more of them on the road because any Joe can walk into a Ford dealer and buy one, this is not the case with the Ram Runner. I am fairly certain that if Dodge were to offer the Ram Runner as a production vehicle, people would figure out a way to break it as they have found with the Raptor, it may be the frame but maybe not, but there would be a weak link that would fail because people are abusing their truck.
I guess what i am trying to say is that it hard to compare a stock Ford Raptor and a modified Ram 1500 known as the Ram Runner. They are 2 different trucks built for different purposes, The Ram Runner built for extreme off road use and the Raptor built for the masses as a daily driver that performs well offroad. Choose what you will and enjoy it...:happy160: