Ram warlocks suck and here's why....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboguard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only thing I'm having trouble finding is a bull bar, which I think would look great with the warlock grille.
Why the heck don't they make bull bars for Rebels??

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As already mentioned. The 2019 to 2021 Warlock is a 2017/2018 Rebel.

It is also the same truck overall as every 2009 to 2018 RAM 1500.

The Warlock is a factory custom truck. And now you have made it more custom.

Looks great. I think you need to look at other suppliers though.

I would just tell them you do not have the VIN handy it is a 2018 Rebel

Totally agree, very simple solution. Just order for the 2018 rebel like you said and you should have plenty of parts to choose from.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Nice looking truck! Love the color.

I love my Warlock. Haven't done much as far as mods.

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OP purchased a speciality vehicle, limited production numbers, and wonders why third party vendors do not pay attention to it?

I have owned low production manufactured vehicles (motorcycles) for 30+ years, so I am used to having to do research to find parts that work because th OEM parts are NLA.

I am also seeing that this is the product of a internet raised generation expecting everything to be available for order?

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm 46 intelligent and work for my money. I don't expect things in life instead I work for them. It's based off a 1500 and still deserves to have aftermarket equipment available for it.

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you. They are cool trucks just so aggravating to get parts for them sometimes.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The calipers on the warlock are exactly the same as any other 4th gen 1500. There are no different part numbers for calipers across any trim level. If they don’t fit it’s either installation error or the parts that MGP make suck.

I work on these trucks every day. The warlock is just an appearance package, there’s nothing one off about it other than the sticker. They just took some appearance parts from the rebel and slapped them on.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ding ding winner. The trucks are the same BUT MGP will tell you that you're a dumba$$ and that they don't make parts for the rear of the truck. No installation error here. You want to disassemble a transmission and rebuild it ..... let's go. This is a product issue and they hold ram as the culprit

So in fact warlocks don't suck then? If you want to warn others of MGP I get (and appreciate) that, but you might want to post it over in the 4th gen section where more warlock and 4th gen owners will see it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So in fact warlocks don't suck then? If you want to warn others of MGP I get (and appreciate) that, but you might want to post it over in the 4th gen section where more warlock and 4th gen owners will see it.

I’m surprised someone hasn’t already posted over in either one of the “what don’t you like about your Ram” threads about why their 4th-Gen body-style isn’t a considered a 5th-Gen just because of the later than 2018 year...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m surprised someone hasn’t already posted over in either one of the “what don’t you like about your Ram” threads about why their 4th-Gen body-style isn’t a considered a 5th-Gen just because of the later than 2018 year...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol yeah I'm surprised by that too!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As already mentioned. The 2019 to 2021 Warlock is a 2017/2018 Rebel.

It is also the same truck overall as every 2009 to 2018 RAM 1500.

The Warlock is a factory custom truck. And now you have made it more custom.

Looks great. I think you need to look at other suppliers though.

I would just tell them you do not have the VIN handy it is a 2018 Rebel
Not quite a Rebel. It's more of a cross between a Rebel and Big Horn. 4th gen versions of the Rebels all had air suspension. Those Rebels also came with rear park-assist and proximity keyless entry. The only parts that are Rebel specific are cosmetic front end parts (grille, bumper, etc...). He may be safer ordering parts for a 2019 Big Horn than a 2018 Rebel. But he'd be doing himself a favor by doing some research on both models.

Status
Not open for further replies.