Ram window not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRamclassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
On my 4th gen whenever I press auto down on the window switch it will either go up or do nothing at all, auto up does not work but regular up and down work without a problem. Does anyone know what the issue could be or how I can resolve it?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018/4th Gen does that from time to time. Need to reset the wonky window. Start the truck, press and hold the down function on the affected window, when it gets all the way to the bottom continue holding the button in the down direction for an additional 5 seconds. Then immediately roll same window back up all the way until it stops and continue holding the button in the up position for an additional 5 seconds. Release the window button and turn the vehicle off. Wait a few seconds and turn the truck on and test the window, should be reset.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No need to turn off, I've done this a few times, also heard to wait 10 seconds down and up. After that auto up down worked fine without turning it off.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also you might have this porblem if someone used the cheap amazon switch replacement common thing I do it myself either they work or they dont ahaha.