Rambar Led Light Wiring Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonian85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I put a set of the OEM 5 inch off road lights on my rambar, now I have bought a second set to add. Guess my questions are for anyone else who has two sets, can I use the existing harness or do I have to run the new harness? If I did run the second harness. Can I connect somehow to the previously installed switch so that one switch controls both sets? Thanks for the help

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
I put a set of the OEM 5 inch off road lights on my rambar, now I have bought a second set to add. Guess my questions are for anyone else who has two sets, can I use the existing harness or do I have to run the new harness? If I did run the second harness. Can I connect somehow to the previously installed switch so that one switch controls both sets? Thanks for the help
I don't know about the newest ways. But the Old School way: Run Both Harnesses. Run the Power from the Battery to the Power Side of each Relay Separately. Run Power from Switch to the Switch Pin on Both Relay's. You won't overtax anything that way. The Switch will Trip both Relay's .

OP
OP
B

Brandonian85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So there are three wires that come out of this black box that connect to the switch, are you saying g I wire and power it like normal, but tap those to the existing switch wires?

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
So there are three wires that come out of this black box that connect to the switch, are you saying g I wire and power it like normal, but tap those to the existing switch wires?
I explained how to Wire them from Scratch. Without seeing your setup. I have no way of knowing what Black Box you are referring to. If there are 3 Wires going to a Switch. One of them should be a Ground, one should be a Power wire to the Switch, and the last one should be the one that goes back to the Relay. Without the Switch being grounded you wouldn't have an indicator light on the Switch itself. Letting you know that it's on. Without instructions . That's the best I can do. Good Luck. You're Welcome.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963