Rambox multifunction tailgate bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letsndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what options there are available for a bed cover with the rambox and multifunction tailgate?

I like the Weathertech tri folding but says it won’t fit.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
Last time I checked (3 months ago) the MFT was not available with Ramboxes. That may be why they are saying it won't fit. Regular beds and Rambox beds use the same traditional tailgate. Don't ask how I know!

Update: According to Weathertech's website their tri-fold won't work with the MFT on any bed, not just the Rambox configuration.

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Does anyone know what options there are available for a bed cover with the rambox and multifunction tailgate?

I like the Weathertech tri folding but says it won’t fit.
Any cover that fits a rambox bed with a regular tailgate will fit a rambox bed with the MFT. The MFT bed cover issue is with non rambox beds, because of the extra bracing that's needed at the front corners of the bed. There is no extra bracing needed on a rambox bed.

Last time I checked (3 months ago) the MFT was not available with Ramboxes. That may be why they are saying it won't fit. Regular beds and Rambox beds use the same traditional tailgate. Don't ask how I know!

Update: According to Weathertech's website their tri-fold won't work with the MFT on any bed, not just the Rambox configuration.
You're mistaken. The MFT is definitely available with rambox beds.

Rambox MFT.jpg

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
I was playing with different builds on the Ramtrucks website a few months ago and it would not let me configure it with Rambox and MFT features together. Not even on a Laramie Limited build.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was playing with different builds on the Ramtrucks website a few months ago and it would not let me configure it with Rambox and MFT features together. Not even on a Laramie Limited build.
That's odd. I'm on that website a lot and haven't seen that issue. But I do know that website always seems to have issues, and you really can't trust it if you're seriously building out a truck you plan to order. Dealers use a different configuration tool for placing orders. The wife's Limited is a 2020 and mine is a 2021. Both our trucks have the rambox and MFT combo.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
I ended up ordering a dually anyway, so it ended up being a non-issue.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you were building an HD it's not surprising you couldn't combine the MFT with rambox since the MFT is only available on a 1500.

OP
OP
L

Letsndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm. I have one on order with the mft and rambox

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
It was on a 1500 build.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hmm. I have one on order with the mft and rambox
Did you miss the pic I posted just below maxx's post, and where I said that my wife and I each own trucks with both options in my next post? Don't worry, they are definitely available with the MFT and rambox.

OP
OP
L

Letsndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you miss the pic I posted just below maxx's post, and where I said that my wife and I each own trucks with both options in my next post? Don't worry, they are definitely available with the MFT and rambox.
I was referring to maxx442. I know you can get both.