rambox not locking on drivers side

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just purchased a 2016 1500 outdoorsman with rambox. last night the boxes were locking when i locked the truck. now the drivers side box doesnt lock but the passenger side does. is there a setting i unknowingly switched or some other thing i did to switch it? all i did today was add all my tools to the box.

jejb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Pretty common issue. It will still lock with your key, but see this video for the root problem:

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks. watched that video and a few others. called my dealer. $5 per clip now. still not bad so im gonna get a few to have on hand

oe542bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just replaced both of mine on my Ramboxes. Easy DIY fix. Had 2 on hand, and now picked up 2 more and keep them in the glovebox.
Little deceiving when you lock your truck as you can hear the actuator working. Only way to know if they are locked is to physically check them by pushing the button.

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i picked up two clips yesterday. this will be my turkey day afternoon project while everyone naps

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have not fixed it yet. had family in town this weekend so got to spend zero time on the truck

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
finally got some time to mess with my truck. fixed the box lock. took 15ish minutes. super easy. gonna buy some more clips before prices skyrocket anymore. i can see this being an issue again in the future with the other clips.

jejb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Glad you got it fixed. I bought some metal carb linkage clips for mine for the next time this happens.