Rambox rail swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 6.4 rails that come with the factory tonneau cover. They are black from the factory vs the silver rails that you get when you don’t order the factory cover.

I’m going to add an aftermarket cover, so the silver are what I need. If you would rather have black instead of silver, let’s swap. In the DFW area if interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you have pictures? Are you including the factory cover? If so do you have pictures of that too?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bellaireroad

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ll take some pictures. These were on a Rambox I bought recently. No tonneau cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Those black rails are specific to the factory cover. I had the same issue when I wanted to add an aftermarket cover. Luckily I found a guy that wanted a cover, so I sold him my factory rails/cover and swapped his silver rails onto my bed. Win/Win!

OP
OP
bellaireroad

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
“Those black rails are specific to the factory cover. I had the same issue when I wanted to add an aftermarket cover. Luckily I found a guy that wanted a cover, so I sold him my factory rails/cover and swapped his silver rails onto my bed.”

Yes, if you are not going with a tonneau cover, they look better than the silver rails, especially if you have your bed coated... at least IMHO

Last edited:
OP
OP
bellaireroad

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd trade mine for yours if they are the same. 6.4 bed also.

I'm in Austin.

View attachment 184857

Sounds good, They will fit, they are on a 6.4 bed.

I think I have a guy that wants to swap, will let you know if it doesn’t work out

Nice looking truck, BTW

Thanks, Roger

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Black rails are not the same as the silver rails.

I went through this on my truck as I bought it used and it had the factory Tonnele cover except that wasn’t included in the sale. Ended up having to buy the silver ones to get an aftermarket cover to fit.

OP
OP
bellaireroad

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They aren’t the same

No, they’re not the same. That’s what has been discussed this whole thread.

Anyway I did the swap today with a another Rambox owner . He is not interested in a Tonneau cover. They fit perfectly. Both the silver and black have the same bolt spacing and plastic pins.

The black looks superior to the silver with his black bedliner, and he was thrilled .
Also something I hadn’t noticed before, the sliding tie downs are heavier duty on the black rails.

The silver rails are needed for my Tonneau cover... so it was a win-win

What did you end up doing with your black rails? You should put them up for sale if you still have them. Probably some Rambox owners that aren’t using the tonneau cover would be interested

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, they’re not the same. That’s what has been discussed this whole thread.

Anyway I did the swap today with a another Rambox owner . He is not interested in a Tonneau cover. They fit perfectly. Both the silver and black have the same bolt spacing and plastic pins.

The black looks superior to the silver with his black bedliner, and he was thrilled .
Also something I hadn’t noticed before, the sliding tie downs are heavier duty on the black rails.

The silver rails are needed for my Tonneau cover... so it was a win-win

What did you end up doing with your black rails? You should put them up for sale if you still have them. Probably some Rambox owners that aren’t using the tonneau cover would be interested

they are sitting in my garage. Have though about mounting them on the front part of the bed for tie down points. Would need to cut them

OP
OP
bellaireroad

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s a pretty good idea. Before you cut them up you might want to list them for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.