RamBox Torsion Rod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kayphix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 V8
I knew about all the Rambox issues going into this purchase, but happening at 2k miles was a shock.

I opened one of the Ramboxes and heard a snap

Anyone have the torsion springs in the ramboxes break or come undone? Both of mine are out of place at this point. On separate occasions when I opened the rambox I heard a pop and the torsion springs no longer hold open the rambox lids.
It appears to be quite a puzzle to get them back in place, any tips would be appreciated.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm, havnt heard of this issue before. Only complaints i read about are warped lids and the lid cover delaminating.

I have opened mine zillions of times and havnt had an issue yet. Good luck and keep us posted!

I have seen pics where guys have basically unbolted them and took the whole assembly right out of the bedside. That may be what is needed to be done to get to it, i have no cue though.

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to hear this. I have had no issues with my boxes. I do slam them when I close them. i find it helps them close tighter. I would think that’s a major pain in butt to fix.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I’m on my 4th truck with Ramboxes. First one I had the plastic clip break. Easy fix since I could open the lid for the repair.
The next 2 trucks, no issues. My current truck has a lazy lid. Especially when it is cold, it doesn’t want to stay open. Couldn’t see how to adjust those torque rods. Let us know how you make out with this issue.

Chuck Freiss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2012 ram box torsion spring came loose tried put back in place could not figure out pictures or how to snap back in place

Ignorantidiot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My 2021 drivers side Rambox came undone. I used the other side as a reference to put them back in and it worked. However, the rods keep coming undone. It seems they slip out of their tabs after some road vibrations. The rods just don't seem to want to stay in. I'm guessing that the problem lies with the box unfortunately.

howie12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6 gas
More ref RAMBOX hinges/restraints. My 2020 Longhorn with 30,000 miles has had both rambox retainer rods come off and disappear, either into the box or lost. The problem seems to be that the restraining arm has come off the lid. It looks like the rivet holding it on was either poorly peened or it just rusted off. This has happened on the left(driver's) side and the right side looks fine, but it is a flimsy attachment for sure. I haven't unbolted the device to try and remove it to see if the connecting arm disappeared or is gone. I am thinking since this mechanism is outside the seal between the lid and the box the extra road salt spray on the driver's side is the culprit along with a poor design.

SInce I am over the 36 month warranty period I suppose this isn't a warranty issue but sure is a design faupaux it seems to me.

Anyone else have this issue or repair suggestions?