RamBox worth getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my ‘14 1500 Sport with Rambox. It’s the reason I went with Ram in the first place. After 6 years with a VW Amarok and my gear and tools spread everywhere in the cabin and bed it’s such a treat getting behind the wheel of a clean and clutter free truck.
I usually keep tools, straps etc on one side and the other I use for groceries and swap between different activities/sports equipments.
Bed still fits two dirt bikes or a snowmobile or whatever else I tried to haul. Don’t see that I really miss out on any bed space so far.

Bricknhank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Crew Cab,
I love my Rambox’s but there are drawbacks: Considering a slide in camper is out, Fifth Wheel trailers are possible I guess but not desirable, as pointed out in a previous post there are some tonneau covers but they are limited, if you load anything bulk (mulch, sand, dirt, gravel etc) the space in terms of volume is limited, I’ve also noticed how much less firewood I can haul, it’s hasn’t happened a whole lot however when there is snow/ice it can create troubles with freezing.
On the plus side it keeps me from storing all the stuff that I store in the boxes (bungee cords, a good jack and lug wrench, tow straps, tow hitch, tools) from either inside under the rear seat or having a toolbox in the bed.

Honestly, I’m not sure if given the choice again if I would go with the Rambox the next time. I suspect that if I didn’t I might miss it but get used to storing things the way I used to in my Silverado.

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
We got 'em & we love 'em. Very convenient & useful but then again I'm retired so I don't need the bed room, happy with what we have! Get compliments on them all the time.

Htsderek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'll add that you can find truck beds, with and without Ramboxes, for sale. If you get the Ramboxes and don't like them you swap beds to go with one without. Bed's with Ramboxes are a bit harder to find.

Last edited:

Rivstg1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I LOVE this option on my 2014 Outdoorsman model. It was the biggest single option that caused me to purchase my first truck. IF I was dead set on a camper/topper....you'd have to forgo this cool option though.

REBEL12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
didn't think much about them till I used a friends truck that had them. ordered my next with them and won't get another truck with out them now.

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
I'm not a hunter nor a tradesman... just retired & we LOVE'EM!!!! Great for tossing in grocerys in the rain & what have you. Wouldn't be w/o 'em. Get compliments all the time on them too. Guess everyone wants 'em.

Daleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you drive your ATS OVER your wheel wells and motorcycles fits regardless. I don't waste bed space carrying JUNK ...LOL sorry your "argument" makes zero sense. LOL Like the gentleman stated above its based on your lifestyle and choice.