RamBox worth getting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would say it all depends on your needs. I think they are neat, but ugly in the same sentence. I have had to haul a pallet of shingles here and there in mine and I am glad they weren't a thing in 12. They serve a purpose for some and for others its not need. That is why they all dont come with them or without them. Just my .02.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I assume you are referring to the picture I posted. It was just one Small example that I happened to have a photo of (as I was cleaning out some property last week) for those that say you can haul just as much stuff with a rambox.
My truck is used as a utility truck, a garbage truck, a feed hauling truck, a dirt bike hauling truck(I have tie downs to), and even a grocery getter! It's used as a truck (imagine that?).

Like you said, to each his own.....
Buddy, after re-reading this thread I see what happened. I actually missed your debris post picture. I really did not mean that as dig towards you or anyone! I use my truck to take "garbage" to the dump often, I am out in the country so no "county, city -- trash" service.

I will post a picture of my truck in the same situation. When I said garbage I meant mulch, stones, sand etc... I have a metro-jethro truck.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Buddy, after re-reading this thread I see what happened. I actually missed your debris post picture. I really did not mean that as dig towards you or anyone! I use my truck to take "garbage" to the dump often, I am out in the country so no "county, city -- trash" service.

I will post a picture of my truck in the same situation. When I said garbage I meant mulch, stones, sand etc... I have a metro-jethro truck.

It's all good, no worries at all. Thought I was being Sanford and son by posting that picture of all that crap in my truck (dating myself now) Lol

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
""Worth getting" is subjective. Do you need bed space or storage space. I like the idea of the ram boxes but simply cannot live with the reduced bed space they offer for how I use my truck.

Guys with ram boxes are going to say they can't live without them. Guys without are going to say they can't live with it.

Look at what you think you will use YOUR truck for and make a decision on that

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ DITTO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I beg to differ. We can put a full 4x8 sheet of plywood flat down. Unlike y'all that hit rear wheel wells.
i second that! everyone that sees mine asks how much room it takes out of the bed. the answer is just about none because it uses all the pretty much wasted space. only time that may make a little difference is if you are hauling wood or something but still I thought they were useless until i had them now I love it can throw chainsaw in the side box, tools, hunting gear etc... tools, towing stuff.

and like said above can still slide in a 4x8 sheet of sheetrock or plywood and the divider/bed extender is very nice.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Really debated, but so glad I landed on Ram Boxes - love them! I know you didn't ask, but the perfect combination for me is the Ram Box and the MFT - killer combination!
the MFT is freaking awesome -also!

skytracker65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to get a new Ram 1500. Trying to decide if it is worth getting the rambox.

I do hunt in the fall so I thought it may come in handy. Just not sure it's worth getting. My old 2007 Ram is showing it's age. Time for a new one.
I’m on my 4th truck with ramboxes. I would not buy a ram without them. I will say this the Rambox doors on the new style 1500 starting in 2019 are cheaper and warp easily. I’m in the market for a 2021 now, but can’t find a truck with RamBoxes, so don’t know if they fixed the flimsiness of the door.

etbrown4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you do any kind of regular service or repair work involving lots of hand tools or small parts you will want them. Obviously you give up area in the bed, but it's a tradeoff.

Roadwarrior 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless you need all of the bed space all the time I will never get one without it. Waterproof, locks with the fob, built in lighting, drain port for use as a cooler. My truck is my portable office and I keep all of my field equipment in them.
For me it frees up the back of the cab for people, my luggage and keeps things secure and out of the bed.

DarrenMeBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I got it and like it . My 1500 is family vehicle 2 young kids . Always something to put in . I would like to see a mega cab 1500 with third row too

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
If you get a rambox, get a bed slider. Then you can have the best of both worlds. I have had both and the Ram Box is nice if you keeo it clean. Very easy to get cluttered.

lazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi5.7
I didn't read all the comments but it is very handy to have and I think it makes the truck look a lot better. The boxes really flow with the truck/.

lazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi5.7
It makes your truck look a lot better, plus it holds tools and your detail products.DSC00713.JPG

Ramdogger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco diesel
No, its better to get the swinging wheel well boxes. I love those. And with the ram boxes you cant use a tanneau cover believe, at least the covers i am aware of.

Soileau

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I didn't get the ram box but at times I wish I had. Then again, I have a regular cab so ALL of my storage room is behind and under the seats. Anything other than a regular cab I don't think I'd need it.

DCZ71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had ramboxes on an ‘18 2500. Absolutely awesome concept… except they leaked. Both sides. First noticed it when I took it thru a brushless car wash. They leaked bad. The dealership replaced seals, etc. It got better but still leaked even when I washed the truck with a regular hose. They were worthless to me if my stuff was going to get wet. Makes me very wary about getting them again. They are advertised as watertight. In my opinion, they shouldn’t be any different than a car door - they should seal again water. Anyone else have this problem?