Randy Ellis Design Light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the info. I like the mounting location. Thinking of getting a piece 3d printed for that location that will angle the switch upwards if you know what i mean. Maybe a four bank set-up. How much is that ticket for uncovered lights? Sounds so silly to me but im on the opposite coast

I used a Ford upfitter aux switch in that location. Gave me 4 toggle switches to control different lights.

0302181210.jpg

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I used a Ford upfitter aux switch in that location. Gave me 4 toggle switches to control different lights.

View attachment 153963
I really like that, very clean!

How did you wire these in? Just standard switch inputs on the back?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I really like that, very clean!

How did you wire these in? Just standard switch inputs on the back?

Thanks. I was wanting something that looked as "factory" as possible

One 12v source feeds all the switches so you just take each switch output to what ever relay you want to control. Also has illumination wire for dash lighting. The end of the switch glows dim green when headlights are on and amber when you flip the switch.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7

One 12v source feeds all the switches so you just take each switch output to what ever relay you want to control. Also has illumination wire for dash lighting. The end of the switch glows dim green when headlights are on and amber when you flip the switch.

So you ordered the whole kit, switches and wiring harness?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So you ordered the whole kit, switches and wiring harness?

I just bought the switch off ebay but you could order the whole thing and get the relays etc. I already had my own relays so just got a switch.

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I ordered the bar there was an option to add the LED bracket for 30inch bar and that worked fine. The KC Pro6 light bar needs a center support to keep it from shaking. KC sells one for $80 that would have required modification, so I built my own. Not a pro fabricator or machinist like others but it came out fine.

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Ok, so 30” RE bracket and a custom support in center. Would you mind posting a photo or two of your DIY center support?

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's raining outside right now I'll take a picture of it in the morning and post it

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

mtnrider, can you tell me what wire you tapped into for the illumination when the headlights are on?

BossTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemmi V8
I've been looking at that bar too. I think it looks great and it bolts right on. I agree it's pricey. I'm thinking of going with the old school kc daylighters with black covers.

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been looking at that bar too. I think it looks great and it bolts right on. I agree it's pricey. I'm thinking of going with the old school kc daylighters with black covers.

So far I am happy with the light bar and it's a perfect fit

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
$1,100 ? Isn't the light bar (metal part that mounts to the truck) around $200 ? What was the extra cost for ? Are good lights that expensive ? Just asking because I think the setup you chose looks great, thinking about doing something similar, but....Damn !! ;)

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$1,100 ? Isn't the light bar (metal part that mounts to the truck) around $200 ? What was the extra cost for ? Are good lights that expensive ? Just asking because I think the setup you chose looks great, thinking about doing something similar, but....Damn !! ;)

Quality lights aren't cheap. Cheap lights work but there is a big difference once you have used a quality light

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

Yes, good lights are that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Would one of these look OK with 2x 8" lights? Looking at the Baja Designs LP9, but 4 of those would be quite a bit of dough. Also like the idea of being able to use one of the locations on the RE bar for a flag mount when running around in the dunes.

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you put those LP9s on there, show us a picture. I have been thinking of using this light bar with two LP9s in the center mounting positions, and two LP6s in the side mounting positions. Four LP9s might be overkill when it comes to lighting (if that is possible).