Randy Ellis Design Light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Reuben

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hate to be a downer but the bar itself it nice looking but the paint is already deteriorating and there are many spots where bugs hit it and is changing colors and looks to be bubbling from under the paint. I clean the bugs almost immediately so it’s not from that. I think it would be perfect with better paint, but it won’t last in a salt happy state. I would not purchase again. For the price, the paint should be top notch.

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You weren't kidding about the price on the high end lights! Looked at a few and the good ones ARE spendy. How do you secure lights like that from theft? Are there locking systems available?

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
You weren't kidding about the price on the high end lights! Looked at a few and the good ones ARE spendy. How do you secure lights like that from theft? Are there locking systems available?

Can use tamper resistant bolts, or socket head fasteners and fill the sockets with epoxy or similar. Nothing is 100% theft proof, but you can slow down the amateurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I hate to be a downer but the bar itself it nice looking but the paint is already deteriorating and there are many spots where bugs hit it and is changing colors and looks to be bubbling from under the paint. I clean the bugs almost immediately so it’s not from that. I think it would be perfect with better paint, but it won’t last in a salt happy state. I would not purchase again. For the price, the paint should be top notch.

This is incredibly disappointing.

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wonder if you could buy this in raw metal, and then just have it powder coated satin black. It would be a better product, and would match the rest of the black on the truck better than gloss black does. I'll bet you could get it powder coated for $30.

OP
OP
Reuben

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I wonder if you could buy this in raw metal, and then just have it powder coated satin black. It would be a better product, and would match the rest of the black on the truck better than gloss black does. I'll bet you could get it powder coated for $30.
It would definitely be a really nice piece if it were to be professionally powder coated. I do like the looks of it.

FF8B46F9-1244-4CA5-8B4C-9A9A1704EBA7.jpeg

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What about bedliner? And will match the opening for the winch

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can use tamper resistant bolts, or socket head fasteners and fill the sockets with epoxy or similar. Nothing is 100% theft proof, but you can slow down the amateurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I purchased the locking nuts from KC with the Light Bar. I haven't had any paint problems like others here but So Cal is pretty gentle for weather.

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just installed this on my 18 PW. Great look, and surprisingly stout for it's size. So far, I've mounted 2, 3" wide angle OSRAM LED lights by Rough Country to the 2 outside brackets, probably going to mount 2, 6" KC to the 2 inside brackets. Only complaint.... the bolts supplied with the bar were undersized in DIA. and way too long. Ended up buying Factory sized bolts 1/2 " longer. Overall, very happy with this light bar! SIDEBAR... while I'm posting, can anyone give me some pointers on how to add photos. I'm pretty electronics illiterate....

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed this on my 18 PW. Great look, and surprisingly stout for it's size. So far, I've mounted 2, 3" wide angle OSRAM LED lights by Rough Country to the 2 outside brackets, probably going to mount 2, 6" KC to the 2 inside brackets. Only complaint.... the bolts supplied with the bar were undersized in DIA. and way too long. Ended up buying Factory sized bolts 1/2 " longer. Overall, very happy with this light bar! SIDEBAR... while I'm posting, can anyone give me some pointers on how to add photos. I'm pretty electronics illiterate....
If you are posting from your phone press the upload a file button. It is the middle orange button, next to the post reply button. Then search for it in your photos.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased the same light bar. Decided to go old school and put on a KC Gravity Pro6 light bar in the 5 light configuration

View attachment 151970
Can you show how you mounted the KC lights to the RAD bar? I bought the RAD bar and I’m considering spending the money on that light configuration. Looks so good!

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased the bracket for the light bar from Randy Ellis at the same time as light bar. The KC lights I purchased connect together to from a Light Bar. You can see the mounting points at each end in the picture below

20190105_101807.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963