Ranger Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Confirmed coming to the US market in 2023. I know some guys in management at some of the suppliers and Ford has ordered enough components for 200k units of the next gen Ranger (not all Raptors, obviously).

That's a sexy mid-size, a segment that's generally kind of meh with rare exception. While it would have been cool if RAM ever released the never-ever-coming Dakota and did a TRX version, looks like Ford is going to have the segment to themselves.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Confirmed coming to the US market in 2023. I know some guys in management at some of the suppliers and Ford has ordered enough components for 200k units of the next gen Ranger (not all Raptors, obviously).

That's a sexy mid-size, a segment that's generally kind of meh with rare exception. While it would have been cool if RAM ever released the never-ever-coming Dakota and did a TRX version, looks like Ford is going to have the segment to themselves.
Damn that is a sexy little truck,i also like the Watts linkage to locate the rear diff.With 392 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque,it'll be a scooting little truck to.The Aussie's have some great toys that we need more of over here . We'll just have to wait for our "naysayer" buddy to nitpick it to death for us,lol;)

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Damn that is a sexy little truck,i also like the Watts linkage to locate the rear diff.With 392 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque,it'll be a scooting little truck to.The Aussie's have some great toys that we need more of over here . We'll just have to wait for our "naysayer" buddy to nitpick it to death for us,lol;)

I'm going to test drive one with it comes out. I've been comparison shopping the Tremor vs the Rebel, but honestly a mid-size would do just fine for me now and if I can get that power/weight ratio in something that I can drive in both the boonies and into town when a parking garage may be required? Well, that's a tough thing to say no to. I never seriously considered the F-150 Raptor or TRX because I already can't drive my RAM on occasion due to parking concerns. It's only a couple times a year, but like 4x4 the few times it matters it matters...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
It's up on the build & price on Australia's Ford website. Ford is not Burger King and you cannot get it your way. It comes as it is, with the only options being color and if you want bead lock rims or not.

The Aussies bought up their entire annual allotment in roughly 48 hours....

Ram's falling behind. The midsize market is expanding and likely to continue to do so, and they've ceded the territory to Toyota and Ford, not even bothering with the crumbs GM and Nissan go for, by never bringing the Dakota back. Ford is going to eat their lunch. The Maverick is going to be a money printing machine as long as gas prices stay up and this Ranger is going to sell out before it gets built.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks great. I am sure Ford learned a lot from the F150 Raptor so it will be a great performer out of the box.