Rattle in the Dash Near Front Driver side Speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g stedronsky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Greetings. 2018 2500 Laramie. Bought new and don’t drive it much (18K). Recently developed a little rattle in the dash…almost a buzz but temp and terrain seem to impact it. Sounds like it is coming from Drivers Side Dash Front Speaker mount area. Was bad in spring meaning continuous with temps in low 60’s (AZ) and now with heat only hear it on cool mornings. Hot afternoon sound is gone. Talked dealer into an extended warranty replacement of speaker (pending). Any other thoughts appreciated?

camkozloski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I just noticed the same in my 2022 Ram 1500. I took the side cap off dash by driver door and stuck some black padding material in the crease between the main dash and side dash of that makes sense. I’ll let you know what I find out. How freaking annoying!

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greetings. 2018 2500 Laramie. Bought new and don’t drive it much (18K). Recently developed a little rattle in the dash…almost a buzz but temp and terrain seem to impact it. Sounds like it is coming from Drivers Side Dash Front Speaker mount area. Was bad in spring meaning continuous with temps in low 60’s (AZ) and now with heat only hear it on cool mornings. Hot afternoon sound is gone. Talked dealer into an extended warranty replacement of speaker (pending). Any other thoughts appreciated?

There was a previous post on this forum with the same issue.

The poster said the dealer could not figure it out.

The poster said he tightened a bolt / screw that is on the left side of the dash top - near the windshield (under a trim cap - near the LH A-pillar?). It was loose by 1-2 full turns, and tightening the screw eliminated the noise.