Rattle noise when raising and lowering the lower section of rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rldefelice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I own a 2019 Limited. I hear a rattle noise when I raise (just as it gets to the stopping point) and lower (just after I start to lower) the lower section (section you sit on) of the rear seat. This happens on both of the 60/40 sections, but is louder on the 40 section. There is a silver colored piece in the area where the noise is coming from and appears to be loose by design, but I don't know its purpose. I have attached a picture of the 40 section area in question. I've discussed with the service department manager to see if this is normal. He wouldn't say if this is normal, but they are going to replace the entire back seat (under warranty). I think they are going to replace the seat because they have made some mistakes during my recent service visits and they are trying to be responsive to my service needs. I'd rather not have to go though this work if it isn't necessary. Worried that other problems could surface when the service department starts taking things apart.

Anyone else experiencing the issue I described?

Thanks!

Rear Seat Hinge Picture.jpeg

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I own a 2019 Limited. I hear a rattle noise when I raise (just as it gets to the stopping point) and lower (just after I start to lower) the lower section (section you sit on) of the rear seat. This happens on both of the 60/40 sections, but is louder on the 40 section. There is a silver colored piece in the area where the noise is coming from and appears to be loose by design, but I don't know its purpose. I have attached a picture of the 40 section area in question. I've discussed with the service department manager to see if this is normal. He wouldn't say if this is normal, but they are going to replace the entire back seat (under warranty). I think they are going to replace the seat because they have made some mistakes during my recent service visits and they are trying to be responsive to my service needs. I'd rather not have to go though this work if it isn't necessary. Worried that other problems could surface when the service department starts taking things apart.

Anyone else experiencing the issue I described?

Thanks!

View attachment 195519
Hi rldefelice, I'm glad to hear that you are working with your dealer on this. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we are just a PM away.
Rob
RamCares