Rattling noise during hard acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plongtime123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, not too new to the forum but first posting. BIG CONCERN, my truck is making a rattling noise from the engine compartment/chassis. I cannot pinpoint the location of the noise but it seems like every time I hear it, whatever it is, would spin off the truck and scoot down the road like a runaway tire. the harder I accelerate the louder the noise. And IT is LOUD. When babying the truck it does not rattle, nor does it when in park and revving the motor. To me its sounds like it is closer to the ground than nearer the hood. The noise quits once engaged into a higher gear at a lower rpm, than just before another gear is engaged at higher rpms it will rev up in a manner of speaking. 3000 rpms in 3rd. is the earliest Ive noticed the noise. I have the 8 speed transmission. Could it be the transmission? It seems to be in sync with the transmission. I am hearing it more frequency and it ii quite embarrassing. Has anyone heard of this issue before? Please help 2014 Ram Hemi 5.7 8 speed.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Detonation?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
That is an alignment tab welded to the exhaust just before the Y. I cut that sumbitch off and that high pitched rattle noise went away.

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is an alignment tab welded to the exhaust just before the Y. I cut that sumbitch off and that high pitched rattle noise went away.

I have this rattle too but they didn't start until after 5K miles on the truck. You still all quiet on the rattling?

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got this same rattling noise myself, I have a 15 sport 4x4 with 8 speed also , mine does the rattle when in mds with a light load on it right before it kicks out of mds and on hard acceleration, and it's not the exhaust alignment tab because mine still does it now with long tubes and o/r y pipe, it sounds like it's coming from the trans/ torque converter area.. sound is driving me nuts, even with my mds shut off with my tuner it still makes the noise under hard acceleration, sounds like an old station wagon back in the day clattering when out of timing when u kill the vehicle, and I know it's nothing rubbing cause I've been ALL under neath my truck and nothing is rubbing??

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got this same rattling noise myself, I have a 15 sport 4x4 with 8 speed also , mine does the rattle when in mds with a light load on it right before it kicks out of mds and on hard acceleration, and it's not the exhaust alignment tab because mine still does it now with long tubes and o/r y pipe, it sounds like it's coming from the trans/ torque converter area.. sound is driving me nuts, even with my mds shut off with my tuner it still makes the noise under hard acceleration, sounds like an old station wagon back in the day clattering when out of timing when u kill the vehicle, and I know it's nothing rubbing cause I've been ALL under neath my truck and nothing is rubbing??
did you every figure out what was causing the noise?