Rattling sound in front suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denver Buerge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7L Hemi 4WD
Everytime I go over a bump of any size really a rattling/ clinking sound comes from the front suspension somewhere. does anyone have an idea what it could be?

2016 ram 1500 4wd

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I had a similar issue, after going over every moving part up front I found the shocks upper rubber boot on the driver's side had split and fallen off. It would knock against the mounting surface when the wheel dropped away from the truck. Hard to find but super easy to fix. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
Check to make sure everything is tight, including the struts. When I had 5100's put on my last 1500, one nut on the strut backed off a bit and caused an annoying rattle and also ate the threads on the strut that rubbed against the mount.

Isaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently took my 2016 in to recalibrate the ride height and they found that the driver front bearing was going out. I noticed prior that I would get the clunking sound and over time some bad tire noise. Check possibly replacing them. Dealer charged $450 to replace because I didn't have the time to do myself.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have developed a click on the front driver side too. Seems to happen in relation to steering while letting off the brake. I've had BIL 5100s installed at 1.4" for several years. As soon as the weather improves I'll have a look.