RCSB OWNERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
CAFE requirements scale with the footprint of the vehicle. Basically the square represented by your track and wheelbase. You can add length to a vehicle without substantially changing its aerodynamic profile and that way it's "allowed" to emit more HC without penalty.

What sells is what's on the lot, I had to go find a fleet dealer and steal my RCSB from a forest service order because nobody had a 4wd RCSB in stock anywhere else in Arizona while I was shopping. Every dealer in Phoenix was eager to sell me what they had in stock, including some really good deals I turned down. If I had bought what they were offering, anybody could have pointed at my sale and said "see? people don't want single cabs!" when the truth is I did want a single cab I just couldn't find one.

For the dealer it's simple, they're in the business of making money and they know they can usually talk a single cab shopper into a 4 door but they'll never talk a 4 door shopper into a single cab. I don't blame them for that. But that still doesn't mean nObOdY wAnTs ReG cAbS.
I hear what you're saying but I'd never be talked into a 4 door. Not saying anything is wrong with a 4 door, just not for me!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
one of 60 Iris, GT, MT coupes made.

Currently finishing up a little surgery.
Beautiful car! I have had a few SN95 cars. I had a 95 Cobra and two 95 GT's. Lots of Foxbodies for me. I bought myself a black on black 95 Cobra for my HS graduation gift to myself lol. I see the Scorpion RR and a Cobra intake. What else do you have done to it?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What else do you have done to it?

Most of what I've done is just save it, it's got a quarter million miles and I bought it last summer for a few hundred dollars in "declining" condition.. running just enough to pull on the trailer. I spent the first whole week after work and on the weekend just cleaning it and working on bringing the paint back as much as it was going to. It looks decent from 20 feet but the paint was pretty bad so I probably cut most of the clear off and then managed to shove an entire tub of turtle wax into what's left of the color coat.

So lots of basic restorative stuff, timing chain and gaskets and in-depth suspension refresh (stock but not budget parts), repaired the A/C, hundreds of small things.
I may have sneaked Cobra brakes + master cylinder in there and replaced the belt driven secondary air pump with an electric one + new catted midpipe so it's 49 state emissions complete but also 2.5" collectors-back.

Along with the cobra intake and 1.72 rockers are new valve seals, damped valve springs and .105 pushrods. I don't expect it to make significantly more power than stock I just want it to feel smooth and not fall on its face over 4k

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You guys are forgetting one of the biggest benefits to owning a stubby little regular cab shortbox,there's a whole lot less truck to wash/wax/polish etc.,lol.I'm a nal about keeping my vehicles clean and shiny,and everytime,i'm hand paste waxing my RCSB,i think of the poor buggers having to do the same on a long box crew cab or quad cab truck,lol:Big Laugh:

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You guys are forgetting one of the biggest benefits to owning a stubby little regular cab shortbox,there's a whole lot less truck to wash/wax/polish etc.,lol.I'm a nal about keeping my vehicles clean and shiny,and everytime,i'm hand paste waxing my RCSB,i think of the poor buggers having to do the same on a long box crew cab or quad cab truck,lol:Big Laugh:
You're right, how did I not think of that! Lol

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How do you keep in clean up there this time of year ? I use the wash here once or twice a week this time of year.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the description of the RCSBs as: a Challenger with a bed. I didn't make that up, but I wish I had. That's a good one.

The local Dodge dealership had a RCSB 4X4 on the lot a couple of years ago. That was a rare sight indeed. It was so tough looking, black. I drove it. I really wanted to fall in love with it, but it had the 3.21 rear end. The 3.21 was a deal breaker for me. Sorry. I don't mean to offend owners who have 3.21s, and like that ratio. Everybody likes something different.

That truck was there for only 2 days! Now, you'd think if something was selling like hot cakes, they'd always have one in stock, right? But noooo. I'll never understand that. There is obviously a demand for that configuration. Seems like a lost opportunity. Go figure.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I like the description of the RCSBs as: a Challenger with a bed. I didn't make that up, but I wish I had. That's a good one.

The local Dodge dealership had a RCSB 4X4 on the lot a couple of years ago. That was a rare sight indeed. It was so tough looking, black. I drove it. I really wanted to fall in love with it, but it had the 3.21 rear end. The 3.21 was a deal breaker for me. Sorry. I don't mean to offend owners who have 3.21s, and like that ratio. Everybody likes something different.

That truck was there for only 2 days! Now, you'd think if something was selling like hot cakes, they'd always have one in stock, right? But noooo. I'll never understand that. There is obviously a demand for that configuration. Seems like a lost opportunity. Go figure.
You're right. Just like all the years they (Mopar) said nobody wants a 2 door V-8 car anymore. In 2008 they made the Challenger and proved that "theory" wrong. Don't understand manufactures thoughts sometimes! There's obviously a market for RCSB trucks, find one for sale! Build a RCSB truck, they will come!

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the description of the RCSBs as: a Challenger with a bed.

I told friends I bought an American 2-door mid-engine* V8 that sends power to all four wheels.. they got excited till I mentioned it can tow then somehow it became less interesting to them :(

*the block not counting accessory drive is just barely behind the center of the front axle. technically makes it a front-mid engine on paper if not in spirit :anitoof:

I do think of it as a 5/4ths scale GT car - maybe not as plush as a Continental but it eats miles and never complains about a grade or curve.

Plus I have a 2 door V8 GT (or pony, depending how you feel on the topic) car that can't tow but has three pedals if I feel like riding lower to the ground:driver: