Re-retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RusslRam

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my point is they are not approved when you make them yourself. but again not knocking the craftsmanship or the time it takes to do this
I get what ur saying but what is the difference between these and factory projectors?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get what ur saying but what is the difference between these and factory projectors?

its a safety issue and is mandated by the federal goverment that any lights permanently installed such as factory lights, have to be certified by the D O T to be on a motor vehicle to be used on any roadway or highway. So thats why a cop can hand you a ticket with no problem and he already knows it. So for me I,ll stick with the oem lights. Also if you look on any factory light lenses you will find D O T with a number stamped into the plastic

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
its a safety issue and is mandated by the federal goverment that any lights permanently installed such as factory lights, have to be certified by the D O T to be on a motor vehicle to be used on any roadway or highway. So thats why a cop can hand you a ticket with no problem and he already knows it. So for me I,ll stick with the oem lights
I have ran E-code head lights that are not DOT certified since 1977. Never been hassled and have passed inspection in a couple states that have inspections. A couple times I had to pay for a misalignment to make the inspector happy then go back and correctly align them after the inspection.

A projector retrofit won't even raise a eyebrow, especially as well done as this one is.

Putting HID or LED bulbs in a conventional halogen housing is also illegal but we see how many people are stopped for that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have ran E-code head lights that are not DOT certified since 1977. Never been hassled and have passed inspection in a couple states that have inspections. A couple times I had to pay for a misalignment to make the inspector happy then go back and correctly align them after the inspection.

A projector retrofit won't even raise a eyebrow, especially as well done as this one is.

Putting HID or LED bulbs in a conventional halogen housing is also illegal but we see how many people are stopped for that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Look asked a question and answered it you can put any light on your truck but if not D O T approved its illegal end of story. I do not make the laws for our goverment.

OP
OP
RusslRam

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look asked a question and answered it you can put any light on your truck but if not D O T approved its illegal end of story. I do not make the laws for our goverment.
Technically u didn't answer my question. I asked what is the difference between these and factory OEM headlights. Both have projectors and technically if a cop pulled me over and looked at my headlights they would find DOT approved stamp since I used factory headlights. So what would I get a ticket for?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Technically u didn't answer my question. I asked what is the difference between these and factory OEM headlights. Both have projectors and technically if a cop pulled me over and looked at my headlights they would find DOT approved stamp since I used factory headlights. So what would I get a ticket for?

I think I had enough about your headlights go patient them or some thing what can I say schools over

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exact definition of a "Troll".

Now you call me a troll for answering your stupid moron questions. Grow up you little snowflake and be a man ,you don't like a answer to your own question because you don't like the reply. Shows how big of a snow flake you really are . and your lights look ******** by the way I was just being polite , would never consider putting them on my truck looks like a child made them.

Last edited:

skydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Hey RusslRam

I have the Morimoto HID projector setup on a full retro replacing my stock quads.

Did you use AlfaOBD to tame the lamp out error codes? If so, what settings did you use?

Appreciate the info

sky

OP
OP
RusslRam

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey RusslRam

I have the Morimoto HID projector setup on a full retro replacing my stock quads.

Did you use AlfaOBD to tame the lamp out error codes? If so, what settings did you use?

Appreciate the info

sky
I didn't. My truck is a 13'. Just used a anti-flicker relay harness.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio