Ready for a laugh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Too funny...my wife once ran over a deer carcass laying in the road, by the time she got home the stripped off meat and flesh were partially cooked by the exhaust....but let's just say the smell was not appetizing...lol!

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Animal? Meat? I would be on the lookout for Bigfoot with Rambo training :lol:

Rzrbrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Funny, I pull a Big Foot TT with a Ram...and bo...y I like the combo. Have also heated food in the engine bay when hunting...Prob why wife prefers she do the cooking...May want to check out this pdf.

Attachments

• Cooking+on+your+Manifold.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used to cook my lunch on the engine of a Caterpillar 966. One time I forgot my Beenie weenies, and it blew up. What a mess

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, I had an oil coat last fall. When shop pulled spare tire there was a cheese burger stuck in the rim....NO B.S.
I'm starting to think that Ram needs to give longer lunch breaks so we don't keep finding left over meals in our truck undercarriage.200.gif

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Back in the day (so I hear) you could buy a Model A Ford cookbook with recipes to cook stuff on your engine. It told you how to prepare the food, how to wrap it, where to place it on the engine and how long to drive till it was done. Came in handy on trips.
Have you ever seen the heads on that engine? It looks like it was made for cooking. Probably inspired Blackstone.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
My brother was in Mexico in a 67 Oldsmobile Toronado and some bandits ran a herd of goats into the road. He saw the machetes and floored it. When he got back he hired my friend to clean the meat out from the undercarriage. It took him 4 days.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Okay, I had an oil coat last fall. When shop pulled spare tire there was a cheese burger stuck in the rim....NO B.S.
I'm starting to think that Ram needs to give longer lunch breaks so we don't keep finding left over meals in our truck undercarriage.View attachment 499371
An oil coat under the truck is something you do on purpose? Is this a Yankee thing?

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
An oil coat under the truck is something you do on purpose? Is this a Yankee thing?
A dealer near me gave me a complementary under carriage oil coat on its first oil change, they forgot to tighten the oil filter. A ten year old could do a better job.

Up north, Canada, Alaska they spray a film oil on it.

Maryland_Man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
From https://community.cartalk.com/t/stu...to-put-in-the-oil-of-worn-out-engines/88909/7

"Back in the 60s and 70s, I too often often heard discussions about using sawdust or bananas in manual transmissions or rear differentials to quiet noises. This was usually done prior to selling the vehicle."

"I do recall my father telling a story about a guy he knew in the '50s who had a worn out babbit ****** Chevy. He dropped the pan, took each bearing cap off and “packed” them with ham rind. Then he towed the car to within a block of the Chevy dealer. He only drove it that very short distance and traded it in. Of course the dealer discovered it as soon as they sent the trade out for it’s first test drive, and subsequently dropped the pan again. Of course that wasn’t a dealer trying to fleece a customer."

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From https://community.cartalk.com/t/stu...to-put-in-the-oil-of-worn-out-engines/88909/7

"Back in the 60s and 70s, I too often often heard discussions about using sawdust or bananas in manual transmissions or rear differentials to quiet noises. This was usually done prior to selling the vehicle."

"I do recall my father telling a story about a guy he knew in the '50s who had a worn out babbit ****** Chevy. He dropped the pan, took each bearing cap off and “packed” them with ham rind. Then he towed the car to within a block of the Chevy dealer. He only drove it that very short distance and traded it in. Of course the dealer discovered it as soon as they sent the trade out for it’s first test drive, and subsequently dropped the pan again. Of course that wasn’t a dealer trying to fleece a customer."
YUP, but not fruit, sawdust... Used to jam a lot of steel wool in exhaust to quiet them down to make it through inspection also.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
back in the 20's or 30's
people were moving West, those old timers knew the tricks of getting down the road a little further, before they had to fix something else.

They used raw bacon to pack the worn out ENGINE bearings on the vehicles
Another trick was to use a motor cycle to push a car as far as they could.
They took the front wheel off the motorcycle & strapped it to the back of a car

For early pioneers, grease lubrication was kept at a minimum because of its short supply, but history also records that in emergencies, fatback - today's bacon - was sliced and wrapped around wheel spindles as a lubricant.

Substitute Crank Bearing Grease..... - Arboristsite.com​

https://www.arboristsite.com › ... › Chainsaw

Sep 16, 2011 — I use the red high temp wheel bearing grease that comes in a little tub, like peanuts. ... Bacon grease works just fine, smells good too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963