Ready to lower my new RT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone. Here is my new to me 2015 Ram RT that I purchased a few weeks ago.

I want to do a 2/4 drop and need to know what exactly to buy in order to keep the best ride quality possible.

I was also told when these trucks are lowered the rear tires moved forward and sometimes get wobble or wheel hop at higher speeds.

If you guys can fill me in that would be highly appreciated!MY RAM RT.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

I want to do a 2/4 drop and need to know what exactly to buy in order to keep the best ride quality possible.

I was also told when these trucks are lowered the rear tires moved forward and sometimes get wobble or wheel hop at higher speeds.

If you guys can fill me in that would be highly appreciated!View attachment 224169

You're best bet,is to talk to Matt at Moes a vendor on here,he'll steer you straight and won't try to upsell you. If you have wheelhop afterwards Core makes some good locating arms that mininiumize wheel hop,if you encounter a high speed sway you'll need Inez's rear locating brackets as they'll correct the geometery issues that basically cause the rear end to try to steer the truck when lowered.Some trucks get away with-out needing the locating arms,or brackets,while the next identical truck will need both.It seems to be hit or miss with a lowered 4th Gen and whether they'll need either after lowering

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lowered mine with:
-Belltech 2/4 drop springs and panhard bracket
-IHC “No Cut” rear control arm relocation brackets
-QA1 TS905 rear shocks
-QA1 TS514 front shocks

Rides really nice

4200fa4ba2d13feb55c08529346ad638.jpg
4a07dea7f0624dd86aed8ac922da2c1b.jpg
490ed5ea1e5caf6f20f3c8025ca1ea74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great. I like your set up. Were the shocks straight bolt on? Im looking for new shocks and have read about the QA1 shocks but not many people run them. Are the part numbers straight replacements or any mod needed to be done? I have the no cut brackets still to install as well. I've been reading mixed reviews about. How are they working at for you? Awesome ride. Thanks

ameldorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far so good on the brackets. From what I’ve read IHC changed to a thicker bracket based on original reviews (can’t 100% confirm this). Either way, my experience has been good.

The part numbers listed for QA1s required no modifications.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So far so good on the brackets. From what I’ve read IHC changed to a thicker bracket based on original reviews (can’t 100% confirm this). Either way, my experience has been good.

The part numbers listed for QA1s required no modifications.

i got my brackets about 4 months ago. Im assuming they are the newer updated style, I'm hoping lol. THanks for the info on the QA1 shocks. I have just Belltech Nitro but would like something better. I dont drive my truck everyday. I see the Vikings but I think those are way overkill for what I need

Lil John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

If you guys can fill me in that would be highly appreciated!View attachment 224169

Are you in Washington?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
x2 on relocation brackets for rear. Mine are illicit customs. Little tough to install if you don’t have access to the right tools. Never ran without the brackets but judging from trucks around town without them, the wheel is definitely not centered. No wobble , no problems at all with brackets installed.

OP
OP
P

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lowered mine with:
-Belltech 2/4 drop springs and panhard bracket
-IHC “No Cut” rear control arm relocation brackets
-QA1 TS905 rear shocks
-QA1 TS514 front shocks

Rides really nice

4200fa4ba2d13feb55c08529346ad638.jpg
4a07dea7f0624dd86aed8ac922da2c1b.jpg
490ed5ea1e5caf6f20f3c8025ca1ea74.jpg

LOOK GREAT! Thanks for the info. Does the bell tech drop come with the lanyard bracket?

ameldorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOOK GREAT! Thanks for the info. Does the bell tech drop come with the lanyard bracket?

Panhard bracket?

Yes, the Belltech 964 kit includes springs, panhard bracket, front bump stops, swaybar endlinks, and hardware.

OP
OP
P

PaulHuntzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Panhard bracket?

Yes, the Belltech 964 kit includes springs, panhard bracket, front bump stops, swaybar endlinks, and hardware.

COOL, May sound like a dumb question but I am assuming the QA1 shocks make for a better ride quality then the Belltech drop shocks?

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure if I have a Beltech or what on my truck but it has a 2/4 drop. I am trying to figure out what to do with the bump stops. I have tried to get to the bump stop cradle to cut them off but there isn't room. The local muffler place wants 150 to do it and that is nuts. Anybody have any tricks to get them off?

I'm also trying to figure out the shocks I should get. I know the QA1's are supposed to be good but they are pricey. Are those the best one's to get?

ameldorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
COOL, May sound like a dumb question but I am assuming the QA1 shocks make for a better ride quality then the Belltech drop shocks?

Can’t personally compare to BT, but they ride batter than the factory after lowering.

I'm not sure if I have a Beltech or what on my truck but it has a 2/4 drop. I am trying to figure out what to do with the bump stops. I have tried to get to the bump stop cradle to cut them off but there isn't room. The local muffler place wants 150 to do it and that is nuts. Anybody have any tricks to get them off?

I'm also trying to figure out the shocks I should get. I know the QA1's are supposed to be good but they are pricey. Are those the best one's to get?
I used a sawzall with wheels removed.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can’t personally compare to BT, but they ride batter than the factory after lowering.

I used a sawzall with wheels removed.

Same, Diablo blades cut through it easy