Ready to sell this truck. lol. Alignment issue after Zone UCA install?

RamMan381

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the strut mount bushings in your control arms blown out or really soft? That can have a big impact on alignment.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
View attachment 483747
Zone upper arms
Eibach springs and struts at lowest setting

Alignment is fully in spec.
Thanks.
Those look close to mine yet mine isn't aligning. So, I am thinking quality control since the uppers have so many weld spots mine could be off. I have three other alignment sheets from three other people where theirs are also off. Maybe their uca are welded by hand and their off. Unknown.
After 3-5 shops not being able to align it I took the zone uca off last night and put a new manufacture on. The ride is much improved! Very noticeable. I take it back to the alignment shop today. Ill report back.
Appreciate your time!

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Fixed!! Whoo-hoo.
Ok, so I replaced the Zone uca with Rough Country last night. Today I took it back to the alignment shop and... Fixed!
So, I am not sure if these are defective since their welded in so many spots per design thus leaving room for error or its a manufacture production issue. Not sure which. I've had three people who sent me their alignment specs with Zone uca that are also off and in the red on their sheet. Regardless which one, this issue is fixed. This saga is over.

Attachments

• Alignment 1-25-22A.jpeg
    Alignment 1-25-22A.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 28
  • signal-2022-01-25-102846_001.jpeg
    signal-2022-01-25-102846_001.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 29

CheechDogg.0n37s

@CheechDogg.0n37s
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Fixed!! Whoo-hoo.
Ok, so I replaced the Zone uca with Rough Country last night. Today I took it back to the alignment shop and... Fixed!
So, I am not sure if these are defective since their welded in so many spots per design thus leaving room for error or its a manufacture production issue. Not sure which. I've had three people who sent me their alignment specs with Zone uca that are also off and in the red on their sheet. Regardless which one, this issue is fixed. This saga is over.
Maybe because the zones already have angle correction which is why I have been told they won't work on my truck ?

But nevertheless it's fixed! lol ... no more trying to figure out why ...good $h1t !!!

dc435911

Reaction score
Not sure if you've resolved your alignment problem but I had a shop align my truck after installing a 3" front lift and 1" rear. The said my camber was maxed and they couldn't get it better. After going through tires within a year I took a look myself. I marked where the cam plates lined up before doing anything and loosened the lower control. The adjustment seemed like it was maxed, after applying from penetrating lube and letting it soak in I got it free'd up and had tons of adjustment. Went to a different shop and they got it dialed in perfect. I bought new tires and been happy ever since. It seems that the way the suspension was designed or lack of grease the lower control arm hardware starts to seize and "limits" adjustment. Its worth attempting to free it up and then having it aligned.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Not sure if you've resolved your alignment problem but I had a shop align my truck after installing a 3" front lift and 1" rear. The said my camber was maxed and they couldn't get it better. After going through tires within a year I took a look myself. I marked where the cam plates lined up before doing anything and loosened the lower control. The adjustment seemed like it was maxed, after applying from penetrating lube and letting it soak in I got it free'd up and had tons of adjustment. Went to a different shop and they got it dialed in perfect. I bought new tires and been happy ever since. It seems that the way the suspension was designed or lack of grease the lower control arm hardware starts to seize and "limits" adjustment. Its worth attempting to free it up and then having it aligned.

I did. I took the Zone uca off and went with Rough Country 3" uca. The ride is way better and the alignment is back to factory specs. With the Zone all I heard was "its maxed out" the caster was in the 4s, etc. Now its where it should be.

Attachments

• Alignment 1-25-22A.jpeg
    Alignment 1-25-22A.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Post your alignment sheet. Curious.

dc435911

Reaction score
Post your alignment sheet. Curious.
I'll have to get a picture, just got it realigned due to replacing the lower ball joints and wheel bearings. I went with the rough country 3" lift control arms from the beginning and was concerned due to their reputation but I'm glad I did. They are great arms and when it's time to refresh I'll get the new forged aluminum upper control arms they sell.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'll have to get a picture, just got it realigned due to replacing the lower ball joints and wheel bearings. I went with the rough country 3" lift control arms from the beginning and was concerned due to their reputation but I'm glad I did. They are great arms and when it's time to refresh I'll get the new forged aluminum upper control arms they sell.
Yep, love them! I have the forged aluminum upper control arms

Attachments

• signal-2022-01-25-102846_001.jpeg
    signal-2022-01-25-102846_001.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 8