Ready to sell this truck. lol. Alignment issue after Zone UCA install?

V delivery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2018 ram that I bought new and it pulls to the right. Took it to a body shop and had them measure it and the frame is twisted. I am getting a lawyer and am looking for people with the same problem.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2018 ram that I bought new and it pulls to the right. Took it to a body shop and had them measure it and the frame is twisted. I am getting a lawyer and am looking for people with the same problem.
Oh! Interesting. Keep me posted.

CheechDogg.0n37s

@CheechDogg.0n37s
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So, steering wheel isn't straight. Seems to track straight. Just steering wheel. Its slightly tilted to the right. Which side would I adjust and would I gain indirectly some tow and close the 2* gap on passenger side?
I saw on youtube I should adjust both sides to adjust steering wheel. But, I was thinking what if I only do one side, thus fixing the toe a pinch and the steering wheel? How would I do this? Meaning which side do I adjust drivers or passenger? Wheel is turn to the right and passenger toe needs to go left 1-2*. So do I adjust the passenger side only to fix both things? if not possible, I would like the steering wheel fixed.
Did you ever get your steering wheel centered ?

Nicholas Cove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That alignment is about as close as shit is to swearing. It's even got the lead positive camber on the drivers side to negate road crown. It shouldn't drive bad.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
(deleted)

Last edited:

CheechDogg.0n37s

@CheechDogg.0n37s
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
It pulls left oddly enough. Crappy roads or?
A truck, actually any vehicle is always going to pull to the right which is party of safety in case we fall asleep so they don't plow into oncoming traffic ... another reason they pull is to compensate for the crown on the roads ...

Your alignment specs are fine, I wouldn't worry about it at all anymore ... just get them to center your steering wheel by resetting the steering angle sensor, a lot of alignment shops forget or don't reset it at all because with stock vehicles the angles are almost always the same and of course on lifted trucks that angle changes quite a bit so it has to be reset ...

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
(deleted)

Last edited:

CheechDogg.0n37s

@CheechDogg.0n37s
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Mine pulls to the left though. :(
Ya, I am only going to have them fix the steering wheel and leave the alignment :)
Some people say pulling left for safety because the crown or the slant goes right so that water drains towards the shoulder on the right side to avoid flooding ...but then some say it's supposed to pull right just a bit to avoid oncoming traffic lol ..

Mine pulls sometimes left , sometimes right lol ..but I know it's due to the roads out here most of the time ... my tires are wearing out evenly so I am not worried about it, I keep an eye on the tires which is why I am fine with how the alignment is right now ...

How bad does it pull to the left, like if you let go of the wheel it won't hesitate to pull left or does it do it gradually and takes a few hundred yards to notice the pull?

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Some people say pulling left for safety because the crown or the slant goes right so that water drains towards the shoulder on the right side to avoid flooding ...but then some say it's supposed to pull right just a bit to avoid oncoming traffic lol ..

Mine pulls sometimes left , sometimes right lol ..but I know it's due to the roads out here most of the time ... my tires are wearing out evenly so I am not worried about it, I keep an eye on the tires which is why I am fine with how the alignment is right now ...

How bad does it pull to the left, like if you let go of the wheel it won't hesitate to pull left or does it do it gradually and takes a few hundred yards to notice the pull?
Aww! Gotcha. I follow.
Its gradually. I call it a drift not a pull.