Ready to sell this truck. lol. Alignment issue after Zone UCA install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ok. New saga in my truck life. I put Rough Country Vertex coil overs on. Went to a new alignment shop after. Making this my 5th shop now? Forget. They aligned it. Shop says the adjustments are maxed out. Best he could do. This is left pic of align. Fast fwd. I put Zone UCA on and took RC coil overs off and replaced with Eibach kit (struts and coils) front and rear. I take it to another shop. Only shop who could get me in before vacation trip. His alignment sheet is on the right. He says he worked on it for awhile. Its the best he could do. He ALSO says cam bolts are maxed. Second shop to say this. He blames Zone UCA because he sees no other reason why it wont get a better alignment. I asked him why people online on searches say their "alignment is good" I got the eye roll and asked to see their alignment sheets for which I had none to show. Are people using a camber/caster kit to achieve more caster and if so, which kit?

I included my alignment sheets from after RC coil overs (left side of pic) to after Eibach lift and Zone UCA (right side of pic comparison). I also included pics of the Zone to show their on right (I installed them). I also included cam bolts to show their maxed out. And lastly, I included a pic of a level against the tire. Why? Unknown. lol. I guess to see if the tire was level from alignment.

Attachments

• Alignment 12-2021.jpg
    Alignment 12-2021.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Alignment bolt.jpeg
    Alignment bolt.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Alignment bolt2.jpeg
    Alignment bolt2.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Alignment Zone UCA.jpeg
    Alignment Zone UCA.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Alignment level 2 12-2021.jpeg
    Alignment level 2 12-2021.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Alignment level 12-2021.jpeg
    Alignment level 12-2021.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 130

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont anything about the lift kits or Zone control arms but are all the parts you installed on the truck correct for that truck? Maybe for a differently equipped truck perhaps? It starts to make sense when 5 alignment shops can't get it dialed in.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Double checked lol. After you posted I looked and ya, Zone and the Eibach kit are for my truck. I checked all the part #'s. Great question!

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has the truck been in an accident by chance? Now this maybe a weird question but are the control arms on the correct side?

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Has the truck been in an accident by chance? Now this maybe a weird question but are the control arms on the correct side?
Good question. Tech asked also. Nope. I am original owner. Bought from a dealer with 14 miles.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Attachments

• Alignment cam bolt 12-2021.jpeg
    Alignment cam bolt 12-2021.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 93
  • Alignment cam bolt 12-2021A.jpeg
    Alignment cam bolt 12-2021A.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Did you check the UCAs we're installed correctly? There is a driver side and a passenger side.
Ya. I posted a pic above. I used a pic you had posted in a thread as a reference. I also took note how the BJ was on OE uca. The "short side" is to the rear or BJ is to the rear.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Odd thing too is its only the drivers side they can't get into specs. Both shops said maybe its cause the uca are new? One said maybe its the Zone uca. Thoughts?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Odd thing too is its only the drivers side they can't get into specs. Both shops said maybe its cause the uca are new? One said maybe its the Zone uca. Thoughts?
Yep BJ to the rear of the truck sounds fine. Don't know what to tell you. The alignment is in range just don't know why the cam bolts don't look to be in a better position and why they cant zero out the driver side camber with that little caster. The caster correction is built into the arms so right of the bat installed caster should be higher than stock at the same lift.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yep BJ to the rear of the truck sounds fine. Don't know what to tell you. The alignment is in range just don't know why the cam bolts don't look to be in a better position and why they cant zero out the driver side camber with that little caster. The caster correction is built into the arms so right of the bat installed caster should be higher than stock at the same lift.
Do you think the Zone uca has quality issue? Meaning its off when it was built thus giving me issues?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you think the Zone uca has quality issue? Meaning its off when it was built thus giving me issues?
I want to say no and blame the issue on whoever is trying to align the thing, the alignment is within range even though there is a red on the 2nd diagram. I'll still say ask for those cams to be moved. You can also contact Zone and see what they think

This is how my cams looked like when i had the Zones for example
1640797358669.png

And on my last alignment with the Icons
1640797755744.png

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good question. Tech asked also. Nope. I am original owner. Bought from a dealer with 14 miles.
I see you started a thread a couple months ago regarding this same issue. If there was no problem with the alignment of the truck with the stock parts then id say it's an aftermarket parts issue. You say no accidents, they are the "correct" parts then obviously there must be something wrong with the parts if none of the 5 places you brought it to for an alignment can get it right. Get ahold of the parts companies and start inquiring about. There really cant be a thing else

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I want to say no and blame the issue on whoever is trying to align the thing, the alignment is within range even though there is a red on the 2nd diagram. I'll still say ask for those cams to be moved. You can also contact Zone and see what they think

This is how my cams looked like when i had the Zones for example
View attachment 481021

And on my last alignment with the Icons
View attachment 481023
So you switched form Zone to Icon uca? If so, was the alignment better? Ill send an email to Zone on their thoughts.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I see you started a thread a couple months ago regarding this same issue. If there was no problem with the alignment of the truck with the stock parts then id say it's an aftermarket parts issue. You say no accidents, they are the "correct" parts then obviously there must be something wrong with the parts if none of the 5 places you brought it to for an alignment can get it right. Get ahold of the parts companies and start inquiring about. There really cant be a thing else
Correct. But you can see its worse now. A new shop did this one. Same song and dance "its the best we can do", "its maxed". So, are the bushings failing or something shifting? I'm at a loss.
Agree. I sent an email to Zone. We'll see what their thoughts are.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LF cam is maxed for sure. Rf is not. Does your truck pull left on flat road? The camber and toe angles make it look like it would, but will probably neutralize any right-pull from road crown. You're within specs so you shouldn't get any tire wear. If I was doing that alignment, I would push more camber on the right to even it out. Regardless, it's not bad. Are you having issues other than looking at the numbers on the sheets?