Ready to sell this truck. lol. Alignment issue after Zone UCA install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Forgot to post cam bolts. He did move them. Cheapest alignment I paid thus fair and looks to be the best of the bunch.

Attachments

• Alignment cam bolts 1-14-22.jpeg
    Alignment cam bolts 1-14-22.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Alignment cam bolts 1-14-22A.jpeg
    Alignment cam bolts 1-14-22A.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So, steering wheel isn't straight. Seems to track straight. Just steering wheel. Its slightly tilted to the right. Which side would I adjust and would I gain indirectly some tow and close the 2* gap on passenger side?
I saw on youtube I should adjust both sides to adjust steering wheel. But, I was thinking what if I only do one side, thus fixing the toe a pinch and the steering wheel? How would I do this? Meaning which side do I adjust drivers or passenger? Wheel is turn to the right and passenger toe needs to go left 1-2*. So do I adjust the passenger side only to fix both things? if not possible, I would like the steering wheel fixed.

Attachments

• signal-2022-01-15-150959_001.jpeg
    signal-2022-01-15-150959_001.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 4

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, steering wheel isn't straight. Seems to track straight. Just steering wheel. Its slightly tilted to the right. Which side would I adjust and would I gain indirectly some tow and close the 2* gap on passenger side?
I saw on youtube I should adjust both sides to adjust steering wheel. But, I was thinking what if I only do one side, thus fixing the toe a pinch and the steering wheel? How would I do this? Meaning which side do I adjust drivers or passenger? Wheel is turn to the right and passenger toe needs to go left 1-2*. So do I adjust the passenger side only to fix both things? if not possible, I would like the steering wheel fixed.
To shift the steering wheel you turn both outer tie rod ends on each wheel an equal amount in opposite directions. So one gets spun counterclockwise and the other clockwise. It would be best to take it back to the same shop and have them fix your steering wheel centering since they have an alignment machine. Most likely he was just off a bit and thought you wouldn’t notice. I can’t tell you how many times I went back with my 1500 to get my steering wheel straightened. When you go back the tech will know you’re particular and take better care hopefully.

On a side note your T h r u s t angle is pretty bad. Looking forward from behind the truck are yours wheels in the back inline with the front?

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
To shift the steering wheel you turn both outer tie rod ends on each wheel an equal amount in opposite directions. So one gets spun counterclockwise and the other clockwise. It would be best to take it back to the same shop and have them fix your steering wheel centering since they have an alignment machine. Most likely he was just off a bit and thought you wouldn’t notice. I can’t tell you how many times I went back with my 1500 to get my steering wheel straightened. When you go back the tech will know you’re particular and take better care hopefully.

On a side note your T h r u s t angle is pretty bad. Looking forward from behind the truck are yours wheels in the back inline with the front?
I will have to look. How does he fix the t h r u s t? What is the t h r u s t?

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
deleted

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I know these pics aren't the best. But, it shows about 4 1/4" on both side. So, axle isn't twisted one way of the other.

Attachments

• Alignment rear axleA.jpeg
    Alignment rear axleA.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Alignment rear axle.jpeg
    Alignment rear axle.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 12

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will have to look. How does he fix the t h r u s t? What is the t h r u s t?
T h r u s T can be fixed in a couple of ways but it depends on what is out of whack. On a solid rear axle you have to get an adjustable track bar to shift the axle laterally by lengthening or shortening the bar.

Once again if you don’t have any problems, it is driving and handling well, and tires are wearing fine then don’t worry about it. If you start experiencing issues then maybe deal with that as a potential contributor to the problem.

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know these pics aren't the best. But, it shows about 4 1/4" on both side. So, axle isn't twisted one way of the other.
T h r u s T angle is the difference in placement between your front wheels and your rear wheels in a lateral (left to right) placement. Ever seen a truck that looks like the front axle sits 2” to the left more than the rear and the truck appears to be “crab-walking.” That’s what that angle is indicative of and how out of whack it is.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
T h r u s T angle is the difference in placement between your front wheels and your rear wheels in a lateral (left to right) placement. Ever seen a truck that looks like the front axle sits 2” to the left more than the rear and the truck appears to be “crab-walking.” That’s what that angle is indicative of and how out of whack it is.
I will have the wife drive behind me or have her drive my truck and I will see.
I measured it and all is fine though. Based on measurements (pics above) the axle isn't twisted one way meaning its pointing more left or right. I also measure the axle left to right (how much tire pokes out of fender) and its fine too. So, I had doubts its "crab walking". But, I will follow behind and see. I think the tech did something since the alignment sheet says "manually or custom". Maybe by doing that the rear wasn't calculated? Unknown.

V delivery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2018 ram that I bought new and it pulls to the right. Took it to a body shop and had them measure it and the frame is twisted. I am getting a lawyer and am looking for people with the same problem.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2018 ram that I bought new and it pulls to the right. Took it to a body shop and had them measure it and the frame is twisted. I am getting a lawyer and am looking for people with the same problem.
Oh! Interesting. Keep me posted.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Did you ever get your steering wheel centered ?

Nicholas Cove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That alignment is about as close as **** is to swearing. It's even got the lead positive camber on the drivers side to negate road crown. It shouldn't drive bad.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
(deleted)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
It pulls left oddly enough. Crappy roads or?
A truck, actually any vehicle is always going to pull to the right which is party of safety in case we fall asleep so they don't plow into oncoming traffic ... another reason they pull is to compensate for the crown on the roads ...

Your alignment specs are fine, I wouldn't worry about it at all anymore ... just get them to center your steering wheel by resetting the steering angle sensor, a lot of alignment shops forget or don't reset it at all because with stock vehicles the angles are almost always the same and of course on lifted trucks that angle changes quite a bit so it has to be reset ...

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
(deleted)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Mine pulls to the left though. :(
Ya, I am only going to have them fix the steering wheel and leave the alignment :)
Some people say pulling left for safety because the crown or the slant goes right so that water drains towards the shoulder on the right side to avoid flooding ...but then some say it's supposed to pull right just a bit to avoid oncoming traffic lol ..

Mine pulls sometimes left , sometimes right lol ..but I know it's due to the roads out here most of the time ... my tires are wearing out evenly so I am not worried about it, I keep an eye on the tires which is why I am fine with how the alignment is right now ...

How bad does it pull to the left, like if you let go of the wheel it won't hesitate to pull left or does it do it gradually and takes a few hundred yards to notice the pull?

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Some people say pulling left for safety because the crown or the slant goes right so that water drains towards the shoulder on the right side to avoid flooding ...but then some say it's supposed to pull right just a bit to avoid oncoming traffic lol ..

Mine pulls sometimes left , sometimes right lol ..but I know it's due to the roads out here most of the time ... my tires are wearing out evenly so I am not worried about it, I keep an eye on the tires which is why I am fine with how the alignment is right now ...

How bad does it pull to the left, like if you let go of the wheel it won't hesitate to pull left or does it do it gradually and takes a few hundred yards to notice the pull?
Aww! Gotcha. I follow.
Its gradually. I call it a drift not a pull.