Readylift sst 4”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qxbuzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 3500
Engine
Only pic I have.... Definitely an angle there, but (of course angles of cameras vary) not a whole lot more if any than some of the pics I’ve seen with Bils set at 2.8. This truck has less than a year on its lease and I did this lift in case I wanted to turn it back in, therefore I could remove the lift. I will buy the truck when the lease is up now, but I only keep my vehicles 3-4 years, so I will probably get a different truck eventually. Either a 3/4 ton or another 1500. If I get another 1500 I would do a proper dif drop kit like Zone or BDS. I only put about 7000 miles a year on my truck so I am not too concerned about the CV’s or tie-rod ends.. Readylift does have a power train warranty that matches the factory duration like a lot of the other companies offer, and they will pay up to a pretty good amount to repair that would cover the cost of the CV’s if the kit did cause a failure.

With all that said, I like the kit. The upper control arms that come with the kit are good quality, and the ride is good, but if I were to put 50,000 miles or more on a truck I would do a proper 4” or 6” lift.

E0444CB4-0C82-454F-8D77-130E0AFF4384.jpeg

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is my Readylift SST on 35’s with the stock Sport rims. I had it installed in July and have only about 4500 miles on the lift and I just had one of the upper ball joints on the new control arms fail. Not sure what the cause was, but Readylift sent the new one (actually sent two so had both replaced) under warranty.... My truck is pretty much a pavement princess and I don’t drive it much, but other than the bad ball joint, the kit has been good. The ride is pretty good too. I just installed the TimberGrove air bags in the back for towing so I removed the bump stop extenders which are really good quality billet..... No complaints for the lift...

View attachment 158594

Nice truck!!! What are your fender measurements?

Kenneth Tanpinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only pic I have.... Definitely an angle there, but (of course angles of cameras vary) not a whole lot more if any than some of the pics I’ve seen with Bils set at 2.8. This truck has less than a year on its lease and I did this lift in case I wanted to turn it back in, therefore I could remove the lift. I will buy the truck when the lease is up now, but I only keep my vehicles 3-4 years, so I will probably get a different truck eventually. Either a 3/4 ton or another 1500. If I get another 1500 I would do a proper dif drop kit like Zone or BDS. I only put about 7000 miles a year on my truck so I am not too concerned about the CV’s or tie-rod ends.. Readylift does have a power train warranty that matches the factory duration like a lot of the other companies offer, and they will pay up to a pretty good amount to repair that would cover the cost of the CV’s if the kit did cause a failure.

With all that said, I like the kit. The upper control arms that come with the kit are good quality, and the ride is good, but if I were to put 50,000 miles or more on a truck I would do a proper 4” or 6” lift.

View attachment 158712
I really like the look of your truck and was wondering if you still have it to give a short update on how your CV's are holding up 1 year later.

I'm a noob deciding which kit to purchase during Memorial Weekend sales and out of the 3 I have in mind, the 2 local shops recommended Readylift as their choice (over Zone and Rough Country). Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, it's been very insightful.

I was very concerned that I would not be able to use this kit off-road but I found the full context on their instructions stating that it is "NOT intended for off-road abuse."
upload_2020-5-23_8-31-9.png

Kenneth Tanpinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I decided to share my full Readylift SST Experience because it was not easy to find much info on this kit.
After weeks of sleepless nights researching and deciding on which lift kit (vs Rough Country vs level w/ Bilstein 5100's vs Zone) to get, I pulled the trigger on the Readylift SST because it is selling at such a great deal at The Tire Rack LINK HERE.

I was excited yet very nervous about installing this new lift kit after reading some reviews of the CV boot rubbing when the suspension is at full sag. I realize that this lift places the CV joint at its maximum angle of operating so I am also hoping I don’t get vibration and shuddering when running on the 4 wheel drive high setting. I purchased it at such a good price and hope I made a good choice.

jrvV-h6-hDkrxdPHXxL034ne7Lgf1mVx8Nzud5rzgNQcDNjT5d.png

Subject: 2019 Ram 1500 Classic

Here’s my truck 3 weeks ago in stock form

XyaA0nDplhbYq4d_uvS82zaFOH4k9a2jRXWOBo5ILPn2D_8uqN.jpg

I was curious about before and after changes of the actual suspension lift so I measured the center of my stock wheel to the apex of my wheel well which was 22 inches at stock height.

arent=13wQ8vvCGmkZNQqgCsw7fecC0oHKjhfOaMyu04qifDdA.png

Here’s the factory suspension showing stock CV angles on passenger’s side (front view)

9xKv0zFT8aMjmmFuBNNGzdDajl1HgnKZpVGD2HFisN4HLEckP8.jpg

Here’s my truck jacked-up to sag the stock suspension down to a maximum of 4 inches. Front view of passenger’s side with stock suspension. CV boot is NOT contacting the lower control arm. The measurement from the center of the wheel to the apex of the wheel well is 26 inches.

Pg5yIRau9Nl34SR8obzbv5b5fEti1aC2VD9MJwalZqfPr7fdQP.jpg

Truck jacked-up to sag stock suspension down a maximum of 4 inches. Rear view of passenger’s side with stock suspension. CV boot is NOT contacting the lower control arm. The measurement from the center of the wheel to the apex of the wheel well is 26 inches.

mZqG6jMnSBWGfSgtXtWZRZRxiqoYbwYbmIu41v5Uec_5mMXv9h.jpg

A closer view of the CV boot not rubbing even at full factory suspension sag.

t3DgQTctOxL5UA0EOxbmJobc6Rfw7-KRAhz06wiVty42V5-gvG.jpg

Tony from Savant Autoworks did all the work and guarantees it for as long as I own my truck.

Here’s my son giving her a bath as soon as I arrived home.

2-B1e5r178zb5M5LvIFeaYj6xXgYtTnzgdBrYESzmtM_GGt1k_.jpg

pyBwaDub7bv24pkvESfIX1ihrDFDpcKyKEaEgFt9mGy3A11bYn.jpg

I was ecstatic when I saw what she looked like on my driveway!

zl_ppaIDcoQ25z-6aIr9N2Pjy3nsc3LiohvwXORAW8NrjnUr9H.jpg

Here’s a view of the new CV joint angles from the rear passenger's side

RUDYZDhJVhjnePQYQLyBU05_Vr2-J4a7Y7SgZWqJ2xDKFL9ufF.jpg

Here's a view from the FRONT of the passenger's side

-zdKowau6BnU5hLqjJJzOoPcM7j5IsUu9uYrdon74eQxQeXXwP.jpg

No rubbing of any rubber boots with the truck on the ground. It drives like stock except I do hear a hint of tire rubbing in full left turn that was resolved by pushing away the plastic in the back of the driver’s side wheel well. No vibrations at 75 MPH on 2WD and 45 MPH on 4WD High.

The measurement from the center of the wheel is now 25.5 inches with the lift (which is a 3.5 inch difference from factory height)

The passenger side at full droop is now 28 inches from the center of the wheel (which is 2 inches more than factory suspension sag).

Here are the CV joint angles at full droop which now shows some contact with the rubber boot

i8g4JTqzu8EKbYRki2GXMbAIv6CSi2H3eSHIhJupi0NORRf6Bj.jpgenGxkcb305uC7CmiAjVCz3Ras8YeyXqefclc158TA4R_koisof.jpg

bPSN3g6v6nsAxMX-s_2M5h7zmCfxQu5looE14U_2a0T9jWl3x8.jpg

The most concerning part for me would be tearing the boot, having dirt, dust, and grime getting in to grind away at my CV joint. This will limit my ability to do serious 4 wheeling, but still allow me to go to Pismo Beach, camping, fishing, and go on long-distance trips with the kids in comfort, which is perfect for my needs.

Finally, the last concern I have is what appears to be a positive camber that my new (and expensive) tires sit. Tony at Savant Autoworks will recheck alignment in a week when everything settles.
2cZ9jHNafcWwsuh89Eo0OhK-KiIVXLgYStAAmfOuR3JvprX-E4.jpge08EMkYaDS11ZgellQoW0CSM1SubDI0-o_uD2mUOH4MNTXDnm9.jpg
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this same result. I will replace struts and shocks with Bilstein's when they wear out but couldn't be happier with the ride from the factory struts.

I plan on keeping this truck for as long as I had my 2006 and hope I didn't just shorten its life expectancy.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't promise your CV's will last nor that they will fail soon, it seems every truck is different. The angles on the CV's are very steep and the boot should not rub when the suspension as it's max. Don't they have some sort of thing they use to limit the downtravel ? I think i remember seen this in one of their kits.
The dude who did your alignment should have aligned the camber more towards zero *, the driver side seems to have more positive camber compared to the passenger one. Do you have the alignment sheet ?

Kenneth Tanpinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I talked to the mechanic and sent him the same pics. He told me to bring it in this Friday morning for realignment. Yup, would be nice to limit the down travel somehow. I'll be asking for the alignment sheet this time. I appreciate you confirming exactly what I was seeing.

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the 4 inch ready lift should have had bolt on snubbers to limit the down travel

Kenneth Tanpinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the 4 inch ready lift should have had bolt on snubbers to limit the down travel
I just found out about the 2.5 SST kits having the snubber you are talking about and I completely agree! I messaged Readylift to see if this will work on the 4" kit and if they sell it separately. I also asked if there is a limiting strap size they recommend to solve this issue.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I just found out about the 2.5 SST kits having the snubber you are talking about and I completely agree! I messaged Readylift to see if this will work on the 4" kit and if they sell it separately. I also asked if there is a limiting strap size they recommend to solve this issue.

Please let us know what they say. I have the same kit on my truck (for a little over a year now) although haven't had any issues to date.

**EDIT** Your truck looks great by the way!

Kenneth Tanpinco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please let us know what they say. I have the same kit on my truck (for a little over a year now) although haven't had any issues to date.

**EDIT** Your truck looks great by the way!

I've tried 3 times to post my response and received the same response 3x:
upload_2020-6-24_20-39-41.png

Also, it's very assuring to hear that you've been using this lift for over a year. This is my first lifted truck and the decisions I made were influenced mostly by the content in this thread.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I've tried 3 times to post my response and received the same response 3x:
View attachment 213030

Also, it's very assuring to hear that you've been using this lift for over a year. This is my first lifted truck and the decisions I made were influenced mostly by the content in this thread.

Yes, I had very little help from ReadyLift. I called and emailed multiple times with a couple questions before they ever answered. I also continued to get my review kicked back because I "violated" some arbitrary rule about posting. After multiple emails (again) they went ahead and posted it. I believe it was because I questioned their after purchase support and they didn't want that on their site.