realistic towing within the guidelines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I am sure I will get ribbed for this but I pulled the trigger on the Ram 1500 3.6l outdoorsman this afternoon. I absolutely love it so far and am very happy with my purchase. It has all the bells and whistles that I wanted and them some. It will fit all my needs perfectly. I will live with it's towing characteristics the 1-3 times a year I need it.
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the 3.6L. I have a 2018 BigHorn with the tier two trim, CC, 4X4 with the Pentastar and for my needs it’s been a fantastic truck. Like you I rarely tow and when I do it’s a small uhaul trailer or my sisters two jet skis which it handles just fine. The 3.6 is not a tow vehicle but light duty on occasion won’t give you any grief. It’s relatively peppy with the 8 speed and it’s quiet and smooth. It gets decent mpg, has good payload and relatively trouble free. Enjoy your new truck!

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats, as long as it fits your needs that's all that counts. Now let's see some pics.

OP
OP
B

bisonfan

Reaction score
A few shots from the dealer. My 6' tall son loves the legroom in the backseat. Put on about 175 miles today with it. 55 miles on intetstate at 75mph rest 60-65 mph. Some driving in town and through dairy queen idling I am averaging 19.3 mog. I love it!!

OP
OP
B

bisonfan

Reaction score
What sold me was a guy who lives in my subdivision had a 13 ram qc 3.6l 3.21 gears and pulled a 19 travel trailer 3-4 hours one way to Duluth on i-35. He said truck did 65-70 mph towing it. Weight is unknown but wind was a factor for sure. He recommended that I buy it.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks really sharp. Congrats again.