Rear air ducts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Benny is there a part before the adapter duct 55056931ab? I did not originally have rear air in my 2017 Ram Express. The console I have does have the duct work. What gets the air from the AC box to the duct? Can it be done in my model. If not do the make a rear cover black with out air vent holes. Attached is my vin for ref.

Thanks. 1e706a88e79933d06497ca6203768398.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Yes I believe it to be 55111180AB which should look like this

594C5FBB-1BCF-4CA3-B2AC-32809C21846F_zpsrxp6jwxj.jpg

-Benny

OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have talked to a couple of members and found out it is a piece right before that toward the front of the truck and more than likely would have to be modified to fit since I did not have rear air. With the lack of air out of the vent it may not benefit so probably going to just cap off. So now instead of the rear console with the vents that I asked for I need the rear cover without vents and no rear seat warmer switches. I also need the plastic rubber mat for in front of the cup holder. My console got damaged in transit so I will more than likely need both left and right side panels all in black to match the front closeouts you sent me.

OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
AllMoparParts.com said:
Jkieffer said:
Thanks one more part. I need 5NA01DX9AA. The one I have has heated rear seats which I don't have.

Sure here is the link for that https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...er-5na01dx9aa/?c=aT1UTTEzNjc3NSZyPWxheWVyXzE0

Use code 5off at checkout when you are all ready
Benny I have a couple more needed parts. When my console came in it was a dark grey and was damaged. I also realized that the rear air wont work with my application without cutting the air box in some way. So I have decided to do away with the air vents in back. I need the black blanking plates or a different back cover without vents. I also am looking for both sides for the console to match the extension wings you sent me. On the drivers side there is also some sort of plate cut out. What is that for? I would like to get that part. Are there rear screw hole covers to that cover the screws that go in to the bracket?

My jump seat had a USB / aux plug in it. My center does not. Any way that you can think of to add it?

Maybe the picture attached custom into the access panel I asked about in the above? Maybe adding the new tray under the armrest? I would also need the wiring if not included to make the connection to location under seat?

45097b38333baec15714b3494ffcc78e.jpg

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
I have talked to a couple of members and found out it is a piece right before that toward the front of the truck and more than likely would have to be modified to fit since I did not have rear air. With the lack of air out of the vent it may not benefit so probably going to just cap off. So now instead of the rear console with the vents that I asked for I need the rear cover without vents and no rear seat warmer switches. I also need the plastic rubber mat for in front of the cup holder. My console got damaged in transit so I will more than likely need both left and right side panels all in black to match the front closeouts you sent me.

We have helped with quite a few console additions and I do not recall anyone having to modify any part of the ducting. RAM builds the trucks in both configurations so the parts are available. Can you snap a photo of the part/issue you are having. I would recommend running the vents properly rather than capping them off.

Can you clarify which # closeout panels you need from this image
l5q64m.png

-Benny

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
AllMoparParts.com said:
Sure here is the link for that https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...er-5na01dx9aa/?c=aT1UTTEzNjc3NSZyPWxheWVyXzE0

Use code 5off at checkout when you are all ready
Benny I have a couple more needed parts. When my console came in it was a dark grey and was damaged. I also realized that the rear air wont work with my application without cutting the air box in some way. So I have decided to do away with the air vents in back. I need the black blanking plates or a different back cover without vents. I also am looking for both sides for the console to match the extension wings you sent me. On the drivers side there is also some sort of plate cut out. What is that for? I would like to get that part. Are there rear screw hole covers to that cover the screws that go in to the bracket?

My jump seat had a USB / aux plug in it. My center does not. Any way that you can think of to add it?

Maybe the picture attached custom into the access panel I asked about in the above? Maybe adding the new tray under the armrest? I would also need the wiring if not included to make the connection to location under seat?

45097b38333baec15714b3494ffcc78e.jpg

Possibly, Can you send me your VIN

-Benny

OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
#8, #2, #35 the opposite piece for number 2 and rear screw covers to match where the cover the screws going into the rear bracket. Already install the console so can't easily get to the lower air box. It looked like there was a outline for a cut out. But the piece would have to have a couple of bends that I need. If it can't be done I need the block out plates for the rear cover. Also when i took out the jumpseat I had aux, power and USB. There are now two connectors that are left open under the driver seat with no power now on the inside console. Wondering if I am missing a connector that runs the power to the center bin location. I have power at the rear power adapter by rear air. b4acc7715d6dbdd9b83feb2de49d6b02.jpg

OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
#8, #2, #35 the opposite piece for number 2 and rear screw covers to match where the cover the screws going into the rear bracket. Already install the console so can't easily get to the lower air box. It looked like there was a outline for a cut out. But the piece would have to have a couple of bends that I need. If it can't be done I need the block out plates for the rear cover. Also when i took out the jumpseat I had aux, power and USB. There are now two connectors that are left open under the driver seat with no power now on the inside console. Wondering if I am missing a connector that runs the power to the center bin location. I have power at the rear power adapter by rear air. b4acc7715d6dbdd9b83feb2de49d6b02.jpg

184efc3402ec4893fd5e710463173847.jpg
If you look closely to the top left of the picture you can see the outline that resembles the duct size. So either it has to be cut out and a piece attached or I am missing where i tie the pass though attached to the bracket to.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Here are the requested items

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...er-1hs07dx9aa/?c=aT1UTTEzNjc3NSZyPWxheWVyXzY=

#2 LEFT
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...er-1nn15dx9ab/?c=aT1UTTEzNjc3NSZyPWxheWVyXzQ=

#2 RIGHT
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem...er-1nn16dx9ab/?c=aT1UTTEzNjc3NSZyPWxheWVyXzQ=

#35 I need to know if you have the older or newer style bin?

Im sorry but I dont understand "rear screw covers to match where the cover the screws going into the rear bracket"

This is the power wiring I would recommend for the console https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-console-68233578ac

This would be the USB cable for the armrest USB port https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cable-usb-68158773ac

This would be the USB cable for the USB port in the console body https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-usb-68256846aa

When you say top left in the photo is it in the red area or blue area? Im sorry I dont see what the problem is

-Benny

Attachments

• ram_vent.jpg
    ram_vent.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have 3 exits coming off the lower AC box look like the blow across the floor. I believe the red would be a punch out type attachment. But to hit that area you would travel back about one once turn

OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Travel back one inch go up 2 to 3 inch. It would be an s shaped piece that's why I believe it would be easier to have the black blank out plates on the rear panel. What type of screws attach the console to the rear bracket.? The one I have do not have a color or any head covers and stick out like a sore thumb. I have the older style cup holder for the console and need the rubber piece for in front maybe part 1vm56dx9ab

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
I did find another duct listed with the HVAC unit shown as #4 here

tOqufh.png

This part # is 68049979AA

The forward mat part number is 1VM56DX9AB

-Benny

OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That looks like that would be it!!!

OP
OP
Jkieffer

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Send me the part links and prices when you get a second.

Trae Vaughan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Send me the part links and prices when you get a second.

I just did the same console swap in a quad cab with no rear air and ran in into the same problem. Did that duct piece actually work? Also did you have to cut out that upper left piece?

Last edited:

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this post is old but looking to do the same in my 09. Any final write up on if this worked and if the #4 part was needed?