Rear Airbags Waterlogged.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggutta85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took my 2019 Ram 1500 to the dealer, they confirmed that the rear power sliding window frame is cracked, and they are having issues scheduling the replacement. Truck is out of Warranty, @RamCares / Ram Customer Service has been no help, and I was quoted $1600 by the dealer to replace the rear window, which is significantly more than what I'm reading others have paid. We have had more heavy rain the past few days and I took it this morning for an estimate by another autoglass garage, they showed me the rear airbags were saturated and the there is significant rust / corrosion on the airbag units. Upon further inspection, staining on the airbags themselves and the headliner show this has been happening for quite awhile and it looks like water is wicking upward from the outer, back edges of the headliner. The dealer already said the antenna and brake light were not leaking, and even after the rain, it still doesn't appear they are. Does this sound right? I mean, it is a lot of water. Are the airbags still safe? Has anyone dealt with this and what was the outcome? My local Ram dealer charges $200 just to look at it.

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey there,

Thanks for tagging us in this. We'd love to know more about what you've experienced when dealing with Ram Cares. Would you mind sending us a direct message with some more details about your conversation with Ram Cares so that we can see how we can help?

Callie
Ram Cares

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Delete that garbage youll live happier ever after