Rear axle vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok y’all so I’m having some braking issues. So I posted here a while back that the previous owner had completely done away with the rear brake hose and ran the brake line to a t, so I’m not getting the full extent of my rear brakes. But I guess the reason y they did it that way was bc the rear vent that holds the hose has snapped off in the axle tube. Anyone had an issue with this and how do I go about fixing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Your going to have to extract the broken stud and replace the junction block/vent. I’m guessing there isn’t any meat left on the stud correct? It’ll need to be drilled then use an easy out. Plenty of YouTube videos on removing broken bolts. Gl.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Your going to have to extract the broken stud and replace the junction block/vent. I’m guessing there isn’t any meat left on the stud correct? It’ll need to be drilled then use an easy out. Plenty of YouTube videos on removing broken bolts. Gl.

No it’s broken off flush with the tube. It looks like a pain to get out really. Where can I find the vent bolt exactly bc I tried to look on rock auto but didn’t find anything. Got a part number and gave it to all my local auto parts and none of them could get it. Dealer maybe?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Might have to yank one from a junkyard truck unfortunately. Not aware of any available new

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Might have to yank one from a junkyard truck unfortunately. Not aware of any available new

I was able to find a part number online and crossed referenced it to my Autozone and they had to order it for me