Rear brake rotor and pad change problems

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Go watch some axle-removal videos. Then you can judge the work for yourself.
I think ^^ this^^ is one of the best things about the internet. You can find instructions for just sbout any kind of repair.

However, don't just go on the basis of one video - there are some that are not the right way to do things, so you'll have to decide for yourself.

That is a big advantage of this forum. There are so many knowledgeable members that you can fix just about any issue with the Rams. I would not have been able to, or felt comfortable doing some of the service on my own Ram, if it were not for the awesome people here.

Elvira

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Reg Cab Short Box
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't have to replace the backing plates, but it is highly recommended. They keep debris out of the workings of your emerg brake and anything that may get onto the rotor. Once you do change them, spray the area down with a good rust proofing product. i rust proof my truck entirely, living in Canada we get our share of salty roads...the under carriage is immaculate for removing anything and no signs of rust. It is not a serious task to remove axles, good opportunity to replace axle seals and fresh gear oil the same time, seals don't last forever either.