Rear Camera Soft-Key Disappeared

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Two week old 2021 Longhorn with the full surround camera system the other day after using the DiagFCA program to change something UN-related to cameras the next hour my Camera system would show a blue screen and say "Camera System Unavailable", well that actually seemed to have fixed itself the following evening after almost 30 hours.

HOWEVER, The the following morning the REAR Cameras Soft-key was missing from my menus and when I looked in settings so was the options for the rear camera, like where you can checkbox to turn on/off dynamic grid-lines and the center-line. So I have given it all week but they have not returned.

The camera itself does still work but the only way I can get to it is to first activate either the Cargo Camera or the Surround View and then once in the view screen for those views there is an Icon up in the corner for the Rear Camera that I can touch and the Rear Camera will then come on. But it's annoying with the missing Soft-Key and that the options for the rear camera are missing from the Settings > Camera screen.

So far I have tried having a refresh signal sent to the radio, and I have used the Reset option in the radio itself, I think there are 3 or 4 options on what you can reset and I have tried all of them.

I was talking about the new truck with one of my regular customers and he said he's having the same issue on his 2019 with the 12" screen. He has used AlfaOBD on his truck, but again did not change anything to do with the camera system. All he changed was the fog lights to stay on with high beam, increase the speed the cruise can be set to, a couple of very simple things like that. He said his rear camera soft-key has actually disappeared, re-appeared for awhile, then disappeared again several times and now this time has been gone for a good while. He can't figure out what is going on with it but also wants to know if we find a solution.

Are we the only two people who have had this happen?

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you happen to receive a recent uconnect update?

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen others mention similar issues after a uconnect update which is why I ask the question. You can unhook the battery for 30 minutes and see if it will reset itself. Remember have patience after hooking the battery back up. It takes time for things to get back to normal.

If that doesn't work then it sounds like a trip to the dealership.

OP
OP
SouthernGypsy

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've seen others mention similar issues after a uconnect update which is why I ask the question. You can unhook the battery for 30 minutes and see if it will reset itself. Remember have patience after hooking the battery back up. It takes time for things to get back to normal.

If that doesn't work then it sounds like a trip to the dealership.

Unhooked both batteries negative cables, and held both of them to the positive cable and held for 30 seconds per the dealer, then let it sit with them disconnected for another hour before reconnecting.... That was three days ago and didn't change anything.

OP
OP
SouthernGypsy

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked my VIN on that site and it says it's up to date
Never believe what that website tells you lol. I have NEVER needed an update according to Uconnect. So I had to manually get myself from version 14.xx.xx all the way up to 18.xx.xx on my previous Ram. I have also manually updated my current truck once,, But thats just my experience.

cobra_pr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greetings, Where can I get the latest system versions? I have a 2019 ram and it says it is up to date

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Just thought I would mention for what it may be worth to all. I have a Tazer on my 2019 Laramie it allows one to change many functions. The Following functions alone just for myself made the Tazer well worth the investment for me was the following:
1. High Beams on with Fogs
2. View all on board Cams while in motion front/rear/top/cargo
3. Input navigation data while in motion
4. Read all messages codes with in the system.
5. Reboot entire system at will if any functions seems to be acting weird.
6. Disable or enable light with Turn signal use.

No bypass, no harness of any type needed, no alterations of wiring at all, simple plug and play of the Tazer to the OBD port, marry to truck, unmarry if no longer wanted or to use.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
when you have the
digital rear mirror in the cab
3rd Brake Light with a cargo camera & a digital camera
the optional camera system
the wired Prep camera

They should write a book on how to work it all, that is a total of something like 9 cameras

If you choose a selection, it will shut off another selection