Rear Cargo View Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danediz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I posted this in another thread. My 2022 Laramie 2500 did not come with the rear cargo view camera. This is a nice option during build for only $345. I can find the oem brake light with the camera for around that price. My question is whether it will plug and play if I swap parts and the Uconnect will recognize it or can be flashed? Or will my truck be missing wires? Other than the functionality, the brake light is blacked out and matches my truck better :)

Thanks!maxresdefault.jpg

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I have a 2021 with 23k miles on it. I never have used that camera. Never felt the need. Just my opinion

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your truck is missing the wires, you would have to run all news ones for starters. If you did do that I think you might still need to enable the function in the BCM with AlfaOBD?

Unless you have a gooseneck/5th wheel It's not really that useful. Not sure I'd go through all the trouble to add it if you don't.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I vote opposite.
I don't know about the wiring, but i do know i use my cargo camera pretty regularly.
First, if you are hooking up a gooseneck or fifth wheel, that cargo camera is as valuable as the backup camera is when hooking up a bumper pull.
Second, when hauling stuff it's valuable to make sure your cargo isn't moving around back there.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
a lot depends on which radio is in your Ram

I believe that it has to have a touch screen

after you run the wiring, it will need to be activated

if i recall correctly, the wires go from the radio, then over to pop off panel, the one that you can only see when the drivers door is open at the end of the dashboard.
Then down to the floor & then under the door sill panels to the "C" panel on the drivers side.
Then up the corner of the cab ...

Now, if any wiring is already run, it will end in that back corner on the drivers side "C" Pillar

I would begin the project by removing that small seat behind the drivers seat Then remove the wall paneling back there.
There are YouTube Videos

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I agree with others, it isnt plug and play. I have it on my new truck. Really not that impressed, the image is focused too far for my liking. When my dually didnt have it, I ordered up a wireless back up camera system, and used that in the bed of the truck to guide me as I hooked up my fifth wheel.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
First, if you are hooking up a gooseneck or fifth wheel, that cargo camera is as valuable as the backup camera is when hooking up a bumper pull.
Second, when hauling stuff it's valuable to make sure your cargo isn't moving around back there.
I agree with you on "first", but regarding "second", if you don't believe your load securing will prevent your load from shifting, you're doing it wrong.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I agree with you on "first", but regarding "second", if you don't believe your load securing will prevent your load from shifting, you're doing it wrong.
Depends what you are hauling

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio