Rear End Whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yea i was thinking the same. When i got the truck there was no noise. On the way home from the wis dells i noticed the whine. I checked the fluid and it was low and i noticed the leak. filled it back up but whine is still there. Ill post up monday what the dealer says.

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Update. I dropped my truck off today for the pinion seal and told them about the whine. That was at 9:00. They called me at 2:00 and said all fixed. I asked about the whine. They said they checked it on the rack and test drove it and maybe what i herd was tire noise. Funny thing is the whine is gone. Guess im happy about that. I also did ask about the drag link and alls they said was when you need an alignment bring it in and we will grind the nuts adjust and weld again. So all in all guess it went well. So i went home and put some steps on

20190819_192747.jpg

OP
OP
sublime154

sublime154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, here I am still jackin around with this issue. The rear has been rebuilt once, still making the whine. It's been back to the dealer several times. The fact is, when they rebuilt it, they didn't do it correctly. They even asked me to bring it back after the ring & pinion install, because they didn't have a tool needed to "adjust" it. My guess is they didn't have the lash set correctly. So, now I wait for them to "bench build" a complete new rear. When they get it done, I'll bring the truck back to they can replace the entire rear, housing and all.

Chrysler corporate is involved, but seems they either can't or aren't doing much.

Pretty sad treatment for a life long Mopar owner.

SKS 800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good luck with this. On my truck the first repair the dealer replaced all of the bearings, and that did nothing to help. The second repair they replaced the carrier and that didn't do any good either. I'm now at 26,000 miles and give up, ordered a new truck this week. Went to another dealership this time as I do not believe the dealership I am currently using is helping out much.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
seems you want to point fingers at ram. what you need to do is hold accountable the tech who did the shotty repair. perhaps the dealer is even at fault for allowing low qaulity repairs

OP
OP
sublime154

sublime154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
seems you want to point fingers at ram. what you need to do is hold accountable the tech who did the shotty repair. perhaps the dealer is even at fault for allowing low qaulity repairs

I'm not sure what you read, but I clearly pointed out what the dealer did or didn't do. I'm not done with the dealer by a long shot.