Rear ended twice in two days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As the title says I was hit twice in two days. Both rear end hits. Yesterday I was in a parking lot making a right turn and I stopped mid turn because someone else was pulling out. I guess the girl wasn't paying attention and she hit me. It was her mom's car she got the worst of it. I ended up with a dent and some paint damage.
20220617_104703.jpg20220617_104642.jpg
Then today waiting to make a left I was hit again. This time the step took most of the damage. It did its job. Another dent and more paint damage. After the second claim Geico called me within an hour. My insurance won't go up because neither was my fault.

20220618_144543.jpg20220618_150115.jpg

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bummer, but the privilege of driving in NJ, lol. Heck, in Germany, I was 2 blocks from my Leased Housing Unit, and an American ran a stop sign and took the right front off my German Ford, boy wat a major PITA especially with German Tariff Insurance, an experience U have to experience to appreciate and wince at. And she had no insurance, so got to play in German Court. My German no where good enuf for that type of conversing, but she settled and it was a formality.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
had to check this post as the title made it sound p*rn related... LOL (yes the internets has ruined me).

Good to see no one was hurt, the damage looks minor, and hopefully contained to the bumper?

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was only the bumper both times. Police report was done both times. And I let both parties know that I have a dash cam in case they try the I backed into them trick. I'll go to the body shop on Monday for an estimate. The dealership I bought the truck from has an in-house shop.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moved to Flatistan in 2017, 4 accidents in one year.
1. Wife driving her 99 Miata 10th Anniversary hit from behind forcing her into a truck in front of her. Car totalled.
2. My F350 hit in parking lot, damaging rear wheel plastic. Stop drilled the crack and lived with it. Hit and run
3. F350 hit in rear, where I had mounted a 4x6 to the hitch. Parking lot again. Found some plastic bits, hit and run.
4. Sitting at red light, F350 hit in aforementioned 4x6. Felt it, heard the crunch and "****** ****** ******". Got out and the Hondamazdatoyonissan whatever sped off, with the occupants yelling " arriba arriba, andelay, andelay".
Sold the F350.

Elvira

Reaction score
It was only the bumper both times. Police report was done both times. And I let both parties know that I have a dash cam in case they try the I backed into them trick. I'll go to the body shop on Monday for an estimate. The dealership I bought the truck from has an in-house shop.
That is a shame for sure, no-one likes to get their Ram damaged. Glad to know you are doing well and no injuries. Your stepping hitch was a bonus having by the looks of it too.

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
When my 1996 Ram 2500 was only a month or two old, I was parked at the gas pumps at the Ford Dealer in Hay River, North West Territories. Young fellow in a brand new Ford Courier, less than 3 miles on the clock, pulled up behind me for his free tank of gas and misjudged, ran square into the big equalizer hitch. Folded the front bumper on the Courier right in two. Walked around the back, no damage to mine at all, told the kid not to worry about it but trying to mate that mini Ford to my Dodge still wouldn't produce a full size truck. He didn't really see the humour in that.:D

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When my 1996 Ram 2500 was only a month or two old, I was parked at the gas pumps at the Ford Dealer in Hay River, North West Territories. Young fellow in a brand new Ford Courier, less than 3 miles on the clock, pulled up behind me for his free tank of gas and misjudged, ran square into the big equalizer hitch. Folded the front bumper on the Courier right in two. Walked around the back, no damage to mine at all, told the kid not to worry about it but trying to mate that mini Ford to my Dodge still wouldn't produce a full size truck. He didn't really see the humour in that.:D
*** amount of years ago, while working on duty, I was pulling into 7-11, time for coffee, o dark early. While pulling in, a big RCSB F250 rolled from pumps and hit the front of my county car. The F250 was unoccupied, owner left it parked on a slight grade in neutral (manual) and no E brake on,. Try explaining that one to your SGT, LOL. :banghead::Big Laugh:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welp sign from the clouds above. time to upgrade to a nice custom rear bumper just have to find someone to hit your front bumper to match. That does suck and I wish people would pay more attention.
PPL pay more attention to their phone than the road. WHICH is why I am Happy with the U Connect 4 in my RAM: If on any type of trip, have Siri on and plugged into carplay so all messages on speaker, replies and phone calls too, so I can keep an eyeball out on idiot drivers. Sometimes I think U need to burn incense to keep da evil spirits away. U should try riding on an Interstate on a Big Motorcycle, (AND my MC is well lit up on all 4 sides), that make U lose 5 years of yer life quick, too.

IMG_1188.JPG

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PPL pay more attention to their phone than the road. WHICH is why I am Happy with the U Connect 4 in my RAM:

Yep too much playing with their phones I agree. I have 12in screen and don't need to touch my phone. I also installed the tailgate light bar with turn signal definitely make it stand out a bit more. Reason #2 I wouldn't ride a bike on the road. Reason #1 is I would either get too many tickets or kill myself lol.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
This is why I drive with my hitch in. Saved me a few times. To bad off-roading still destroys my bumpers... *****
Same here. My old Ram (2000 1500 Sport) got rear ended three times and all three times, the car that hit me was pretty hammered and all that happened to my truck was scratched paint on the hitch. A little rattle can and I was back at it.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
FFS... In most cases they were looking at dsomething else. Sucks big time man.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I was hit 4 times in less than 10 years when I lived in Knoxville, TN. 1 rear end, 1 side swiped, & 2 T-Bones. Some of the worst drivers I have ever been around. I found out from one of the officers writing my wreck up, that back then, within the city limits of Knoxville, they averaged 54 wrecks per day! He said the only place worse in TN was Nashville. After I moved away from there my insurance literally was cut in half.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep too much playing with their phones I agree. I have 12in screen and don't need to touch my phone. I also installed the tailgate light bar with turn signal definitely make it stand out a bit more. Reason #2 I wouldn't ride a bike on the road. Reason #1 is I would either get too many tickets or kill myself lol.
AS long as I can get on I will ride, LOL.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Gotta love dirty Jerz... born and raised but left 3 years ago and when I come back I cringe! Just hope they have insurance!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf