Rear power plug replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcid2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I didn’t find this anywhere, but does anyone know how to replace the 115v plug in the back of the center console in the rear row? I wanted to replace because the cover and bottom plug was broken off. I know it snaps in, but how does it come out to replace? If the cable long enough to pull out and plug in? Thanks in advance!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am not suggesting anything about the back side of the floor console

BUT
one thing you should get is a set of TRIM TOOLS, even if they are Harbor Freight brand
Use them for prying, instead of metal screw drivers, etc.

PITTSBURGH AUTOMOTIVE

Nylon Pry Bar Installer Kit, 4 Piece​

1669773706041.png

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not suggesting anything about the back side of the floor console

BUT
one thing you should get is a set of TRIM TOOLS, even if they are Harbor Freight brand
Use them for prying, instead of metal screw drivers, etc.

PITTSBURGH AUTOMOTIVE

Nylon Pry Bar Installer Kit, 4 Piece​

View attachment 507847
These are life savers for trim. I got an Amazonian set and use them all the time. These and the plastic exterior christmas tree screw pullers.
It is most likely in with metal or plastic clips, with some slack in the cord. I would DELICATELY pry at it a little…obviously with the power to it interupted!

OP
OP
E

elcid2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah, plan on getting some tools since I’ve never bought them. Fuse enough t cut power? I’d hate to have to figure the radio situation if it has a code to deactivate.