Rear power slider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilroy2981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hey guys, I have a question about my 06 3500. I just converted from a manual to a power sliding rear window. The window came with a motor that has 2 pins on it. I took the C pillers out and there isnt any wiring there. If the harness was there, where would dodge have ran it? Also, I ordered the switch that fits in the radio bezel. When I take the bezel off, there are a few connectors that are attached to the plastic under the radio. One of them is a black 8 pin connector, is that for the power slider? I ordered the switch but I didnt get it yet. If that isnt the correct connector, how would I go about wiring the switch to the window? Sorry for the long post and any info given will be appreciated. Thanks guys

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I have a question about my 06 3500. I just converted from a manual to a power sliding rear window. The window came with a motor that has 2 pins on it. I took the C pillers out and there isnt any wiring there. If the harness was there, where would dodge have ran it? Also, I ordered the switch that fits in the radio bezel. When I take the bezel off, there are a few connectors that are attached to the plastic under the radio. One of them is a black 8 pin connector, is that for the power slider? I ordered the switch but I didnt get it yet. If that isnt the correct connector, how would I go about wiring the switch to the window? Sorry for the long post and any info given will be appreciated. Thanks guys

I did this mod.... here is a link showing the wiring I did. Unfortunately I did not have the connector that plugs into the switch. They are hard to find. I had to buy a headliner harness on eBay, others that have done this have found them in junkyards. The motor connector can be ordered from Mopar

Ricks Ram walked me through it, he is very helpful!
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/electrical-rear-window-upgrade.147520/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

apriliaalex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this conversion let less water in the weather seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this conversion let less water in the weather seals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not exactly sure what your question is. As far as the outside perimeter of the window is concerned it's got a rubber seal just like the regular rear window. Both windows are installed with a urethane bead and if installed correctly won't leak. As far as the power sliding part of the window is concerned it's got a rubber seal against the glass. I installed the factory mopar power slider. I've had installed for around four years and it's never leaked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk