Rear Seat Area: what is this black clip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Doing the rear seat tilt mod and this black clip is on the back floor area. Where does it go?IMG_20210916_134853120.jpg

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Here's a four page thread talking about the same piece. Four pages and still no one could figure it out.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just curious does it appear to have a snapped of piece, or is everything painted & smooth ?

When you finished to rear seat mod, was everything on the rear of the cab, like the child safety belt clips there, i would think everything that is on that bulkhead that is on the right, there should be another one on the left.
I watched some videos & i am not sure that i saw the part you are asking about, but i believe it is

Watch this video just before the 5 minute point so that you can orient yourself, the guy that videoed it could have done better
I believe the part is a cable guide or clip holder for the rear slider window

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Here's a four page thread talking about the same piece. Four pages and still no one could figure it out.
Interesting. Crazy no one has figured it out.

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just curious does it appear to have a snapped of piece, or is everything painted & smooth ?

When you finished to rear seat mod, was everything on the rear of the cab, like the child safety belt clips there, i would think everything that is on that bulkhead that is on the right, there should be another one on the left.
I watched some videos & i am not sure that i saw the part you are asking about, but i believe it is

Watch this video just before the 5 minute point so that you can orient yourself, the guy that videoed it could have done better
I believe the part is a cable guide or clip holder for the rear slider window

It's black plastic, no paint. I don't really see any witness marks on it to indicate how it was used either. It definitely doesn't fit between the two seat brackets on the 60/40 split rear seats. Not that it would do anything there.

I looked through the 4 page thread and see some window cable clips but they are different than this piece. That video is hard to watch, hah. I thought my 4Runner door handle video was bad!

I will check for part symmetry. I also figured there would be two clips. It's not wide enough for the seat belt but maybe the child restraint loops. Thanks.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
There was something else posted on forum ‘what the hell is this’ not related or even similar to this piece but it eventually turned out to be a temporary part used for install at factory? Maybe, possibly?

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There was something else posted on forum ‘what the hell is this’ not related or even similar to this piece but it eventually turned out to be a temporary part used for install at factory? Maybe, possibly?

Could be. It's not a very strong piece.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I still think it holds the cable that moves the rear sliding window
the cable is like a brake cable on a bike, it has an outer casing & the wire itself moves within that housing.
The clip does not need any strength, the cable is held in place at both ends

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha that same piece came out of mine a few years ago. It's currently sitting in my center console until i can figure out where it's supposed to go...

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I recently did the rear seat mod and only pulled the passenger side up, this popped off also and fit in this location where it fell off! Lol no clue what its doing though. Or maybe i just found a good spot for it lol

PXL_20210921_021632674.jpg
PXL_20210921_021613932.jpg

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I recently did the rear seat mod and only pulled the passenger side up, this popped off also and fit in this location where it fell off! Lol no clue what its doing though. Or maybe i just found a good spot for it lol

View attachment 471418
View attachment 471419
Interesting. That's where I thought it fit but on the front of the seat brackets. I don't even see how that does anything there in pre-assembly phase. Even if the seats came in together on an assembly arm I think any start/stop motion would disconnect the plastic clip from the seats. They are heavy.

Is that for sure where it came from or where you think it goes?

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Interesting. That's where I thought it fit but on the front of the seat brackets. I don't even see how that does anything there in pre-assembly phase. Even if the seats came in together on an assembly arm I think any start/stop motion would disconnect the plastic clip from the seats. They are heavy.

Is that for sure where it came from or where you think it goes?
Not sure but thats where it was laying on carpet lol maybe someone that hasn't touched theirs yet can confirm?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
To me it doesn't look like the seat back or bottom have anything to do with this clip area when up or down. I don't think it has any importance, honestly.