Rear seat delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Has anyone been able to pull off a clean-looking rear seat delete? I'm throwing around ideas. I have amps on the back wall so their would be a panel to cover those and block the noise from the vents along the back wall and then for the bottom, I am throwing around the idea of cutting out the storage wells to lower the floor a bit or leave them and make closing or lockable access to them. Then the middle would be a sub box for my 12" sundown and there would be plenty of room on either side of the box.

No one rides in my back seat ever and I travel a lot for work so more room is always nice. But I want it to look good. Any thoughts, ideas, pics of someone else that attempted it.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have competition Border Collies that needed a back platform. I took everything out and sealed of the vents and the whole back & doors with sound deadener. Then I attached a 3/8 plywood board wrapped in 1 1/2 deadening foam and black vinyl on both sides to the back wall with 1 inch longer bolts than the OEM ones. Then I filled those storage wells with deaener and foam..put a 3 inch foam on a 5/8 plywood board again wrapped in black vinyl. Then sound deadener in the rear doors. Realyl quites the rear area. Next I need to do like you, put some combo of speakers( in the doors ) and amps on the floor in the space between that "seat platform" and the floor..lots of room on both sides of the "hump"..

15hundred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
luxury dog hotel there, my mutt roams the bed under the camper shell or lounges on her Costco dog bed

Ural_Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have competition Border Collies that needed a back platform. I took everything out and sealed of the vents and the whole back & doors with sound deadener. Then I attached a 3/8 plywood board wrapped in 1 1/2 deadening foam and black vinyl on both sides to the back wall with 1 inch longer bolts than the OEM ones. Then I filled those storage wells with deaener and foam..put a 3 inch foam on a 5/8 plywood board again wrapped in black vinyl. Then sound deadener in the rear doors. Realyl quites the rear area. Next I need to do like you, put some combo of speakers( in the doors ) and amps on the floor in the space between that "seat platform" and the floor..lots of room on both sides of the "hump"..
Do you have photos of your modification? I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Class Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6'4 bed. We have two Dobermans that we take with us and have had thebrear seat out for 2 years. I want to put a slightly built up platform across the rear seat area so it is flat all the way across the rear cab. We have a ARE top on the bed which makes it great for truck camping but I want a better surface for the dogs or for me to use if sleeping in the back seat area on cross country road trips when I may stop at a truck stop for a few hours sleep. In those instances it would be safer in the cab than in the bed if the truck. Yours is the first post I have found on rear seat area conversions.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically I took the whole rear seat out seat and back. Then took 5/8 ply and covered the seat in 2 inch dense foam an covered it with vinyl. Did the same with the back only with 1 inch dense foam. Used the original mounting holes to screw the back panel in place with large washers on the outside of the vinyl so it would not tear. The seat was measured tight to the rear upright pie s. All metal was sound deadened and covered with closed cell 1/2 foam prior to mounting the “platform and back”...I think that is it.

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
yall didnt have a 60-40 seat by chance? i want to swap mine to that over the straight one.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lift seat, unfold platform, done.

Attachments

• CD64E858-6853-421D-BBC9-0F93E75CA429.jpeg
    CD64E858-6853-421D-BBC9-0F93E75CA429.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 54

jib88fer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a full width sub box with two 10's in the cubbys, Then raised the seat about 3" and folded the back down to make a large shelf. Now I have room for 30 bags of groceries and no harm to my thumpers below. Still have seats if needed.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WADEXPRESS..sorry for the late reply..took everything out of the back down to metal..sound deadened everything and dense foam ( even in tool cubby..using the same bolts that held the seat back to the rear of the truck took the 5/8 ply with truck lining, dense foam and cobvered with auto upolstery HD vinyl. Dis same with the floor bench which is an area over 40 inches wide..works great for our dog creates..tons of room.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
You make the dog ride in the back? Mine would turn her nose up when the wife came along.
She would ride in the front in the old trucks.
She never nagged me about my speed, I would just toss a mat on the fold out floor.
Old girl is gone now.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey N where are you located? As mentioned in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan..Western Canada...I imagine you are in the mid states?...a bit far for shipping...road trip??...LOL

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
yeah im in ky thats prob to far unless you got some kind of hook up

Lewbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I pulled the 40 split from my 60/40 rear so I can build a wooden platform. Now the rear heated seats are not working. Anyone know if it’s because the harness for the 40 side is disconnected?