Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run an offroad shop and am in the process of building exactly what toy guys are describing for my buddies 1500. I never looked into building anything for the 1500s because they are for the boys us men drive 2500/3500s ;) in all seriousness they aren't strong to go off-road so there is no market

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run an offroad shop and am in the process of building exactly what toy guys are describing for my buddies 1500. I never looked into building anything for the 1500s because they are for the boys us men drive 2500/3500s ;) in all seriousness they aren't strong to go off-road so there is no market

Them fightin words

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Depends on what tool you need for the job, it's an apples to oranges comparison. My 2500 was good at some things and not others, just as my 1500 is. I can tell you what tho, unless ram did a superb job updating that front end, they aren't much to talk about for strength. My 3rd gen had 2 grand into the front end just to get it to hold up to 37s, and I wasn't even trussed yet. I've been down the 2500 rabbit hole, that ***** ain't cheap. Raptors, power wagons, Rubicons and trd models are the easy way to get into an offroad ready vehicle that some people have no business driving. There's something challenging about running a vehicle with limited parts available.

Would I take a power wagon, absolutely, so don't get me wrong there, but this 1500 surely doesn't seem like it'll disappoint me is any regards, that being said, when you gonna start taking limited run orders??? [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depends on what tool you need for the job, it's an apples to oranges comparison. My 2500 was good at some things and not others, just as my 1500 is. I can tell you what tho, unless ram did a superb job updating that front end, they aren't much to talk about for strength. My 3rd gen had 2 grand into the front end just to get it to hold up to 37s, and I wasn't even trussed yet. I've been down the 2500 rabbit hole, that ***** ain't cheap. Raptors, power wagons, Rubicons and trd models are the easy way to get into an offroad ready vehicle that some people have no business driving. There's something challenging about running a vehicle with limited parts available.

Would I take a power wagon, absolutely, so don't get me wrong there, but this 1500 surely doesn't seem like it'll disappoint me is any regards, that being said, when you gonna start taking limited run orders??? [emoji41]

Maybe some group buy type dealio so the r&d guinea piggin is worth it. Get like 10 guys commited to a part then build em.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Maybe some group buy type dealio so the r&d guinea piggin is worth it. Get like 10 guys commited to a part then build em.
^^^^^ all in say AYE

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bring your 2500 around 29 palms/Joshua tree and and try to keep up with this 1500, we can put a go pro on both trucks, Thuren or Carli mods preferred so we can have fun, I promise I'll wait for you ...

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Bring your 2500 around 29 palms/Joshua tree and and try to keep up with this 1500, we can put a go pro on both trucks, Thuren or Carli mods preferred so we can have fun, I promise I'll wait for you ...
Slice and dice!!!!. Unless the 2500 is running 3.0 or bigger shocks I suggest a mouth guard and hans device as well. Lol.

I need to find a spot to stretch my trucks legs and check rear flex for giggles.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Slice and dice!!!!. Unless the 2500 is running 3.0 or bigger shocks I suggest a mouth guard and hans device as well. Lol.

I need to find a spot to stretch my trucks legs and check rear flex for giggles.

Bring them all in I'm game for whatever, well we'll have fun either way in the end hahahaha.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Bring them all in I'm game for whatever, well we'll have fun either way in the end hahahaha.
Haha I concur. I mean, I ran circles around a power wagon, rubicon and a rebel, but they really don't want to tell anyone. Especially since I shouldn't have.....but people fail to remember equipment doesn't make up for poor line choice....insert when in doubt throttle out.... in the end it's all fun and just a bit of ribbing between enthusiasts. But man, I sure do like being the underdog.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The 2500 is good up to 40" the 1500 after 35" you run into problems. Nor saying everyone does but most will. Im not knocking the 1500 I'm just starting facts. Technically the Raptor isn't an offroad vehicle but I'll let that slide ;).
Since he isn't paying me I'm doing our in my free time. Should be MAYBE another week and a half. It will be braced enough to be able to do an offset pull with a 16.5lbs Warn Winch. When I made my 2500 bumper I used the winch to pick the front end up into a tree lol.
I have a completely custom suspension that I built to take my truck rock crawling so I think I'll be able to pass your 1500 ;). STORY TIME: when the new 4th gens came out we tested both the 1500 and 2500 at our off-road track. This be surprised how much better the 2500 is off road stock compared to the 1500. Now can you make a 1500 capable? Yes. Will iyer be as strong as a straight axle vehicle no. 1500s are great in the mud as they are much lighter but they suffer from low ground clearance. Its honestly a trade off

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha I concur. I mean, I ran circles around a power wagon, rubicon and a rebel, but they really don't want to tell anyone. Especially since I shouldn't have.....but people fail to remember equipment doesn't make up for poor line choice....insert when in doubt throttle out.... in the end it's all fun and just a bit of ribbing between enthusiasts. But man, I sure do like being the underdog.

Experience > vehicle that's all I have to say

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The 2500 is good up to 40" the 1500 after 35" you run into problems. Nor saying everyone does but most will. Im not knocking the 1500 I'm just starting facts. Technically the Raptor isn't an offroad vehicle but I'll let that slide ;).
Since he isn't paying me I'm doing our in my free time. Should be MAYBE another week and a half. It will be braced enough to be able to do an offset pull with a 16.5lbs Warn Winch. When I made my 2500 bumper I used the winch to pick the front end up into a tree lol.

I have a completely custom suspension that I built to take my truck rock crawling so I think I'll be able to pass your 1500 ;). STORY TIME: when the new 4th gens came out we tested both the 1500 and 2500 at our off-road track. This be surprised how much better the 2500 is off road stock compared to the 1500. Now can you make a 1500 capable? Yes. Will iyer be as strong as a straight axle vehicle no. 1500s are great in the mud as they are much lighter but they suffer from low ground clearance. Its honestly a trade off
We need pics of what you're building, for sure. We love pics here.

I beg to differ with the 2500 being better off road stock, unless a power wagon the stock 2500 isn't gonna impress anyone. Ground clearance with the 33s stock and those big difs can't be over 9" or so and the suspension flexes like a tug boat. Stock vs stock, ill take a 1500. Modified ill take a 2500, but 1500s aren't a slouch either. It's all opinion tho, just like brand loyalty so at least you're on the right team. Its like driving a nail with a sledge or framing hammer, both will work, just different applications. Ill own when my truck doesn't pull double duty as my Dd.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I can tell you this mammoth bar

Ive done all the black diamond trails there are around SoCal except the King of the Hammer ones in Johnson Valley. Too extreme for the Jeep Wrangler I had , maybe If I had a Rubi on 37’s, A RAM 1500 could be a little big for some, so I can only imagine a 2500 :)
Not doing extreme rocks with the RAM but if you ever around here you’re more than welcome and I’ll take you around, we’ll be able to stretch those legs with some rocks and do some fast pace run fun across some incredible scenery. Of course we will check who’s faster hahaha

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins

Ive done all the black diamond trails there are around SoCal except the King of the Hammer ones in Johnson Valley. Too extreme for the Jeep Wrangler I had , maybe If I had a Rubi on 37’s, A RAM 1500 could be a little big for some, so I can only imagine a 2500 :)
Not doing extreme rocks with the RAM but if you ever around here you’re more than welcome and I’ll take you around, we’ll be able to stretch those legs with some rocks and do some fast pace run fun across some incredible scenery. Of course we will check who’s faster hahaha
Mammoth Bar? You calling me fat or something

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We need pics of what you're building, for sure. We love pics here.

I beg to differ with the 2500 being better off road stock, unless a power wagon the stock 2500 isn't gonna impress anyone. Ground clearance with the 33s stock and those big difs can't be over 9" or so and the suspension flexes like a tug boat. Stock vs stock, ill take a 1500. Modified ill take a 2500, but 1500s aren't a slouch either. It's all opinion tho, just like brand loyalty so at least you're on the right team. Its like driving a nail with a sledge or framing hammer, both will work, just different applications. Ill own when my truck doesn't pull double duty as my Dd.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
As soon as I get pics I'll gladly post them. Still in the designing stages and figuring out what he wants. I disagree with what you said above but like you said at least you are driving a Ram :b

I can't do the Desert Racing style my suspension just isn't built for it. On the trails and rocks is where this baby excels. Im running 44", lockers front and rear, rock sliders, 5.36 gears, and 24" of suspension travel

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
As soon as I get pics I'll gladly post them. Still in the designing stages and figuring out what he wants. I disagree with what you said above but like you said at least you are driving a Ram :b

I can't do the Desert Racing style my suspension just isn't built for it. On the trails and rocks is where this baby excels. Im running 44", lockers front and rear, rock sliders, 5.36 gears, and 24" of suspension travel
At least let's see a pic of your truck!!! , you a left coast, rocky mountain area or east coast wheeler? That kind of dictates the truck choice heavily too.

Sounds like a monster of a rig.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At least let's see a pic of your truck!!! , you a left coast, rocky mountain area or east coast wheeler? That kind of dictates the truck choice heavily too.

Sounds like a monster of a rig.

In due time young buck. Im east coast guy up here in PA. But travel a lot. Right now I'm in SC with my 2nd gen looking at a companies new lockers that I might use. All my trucks are prepared for offroad this 01 3500 SRW weighs a hefty bit due to everything. I haven't owned a 1500 until I had a 96 1500 I bought back in 2015 that was the only 1500 I have owned but have done lifts on 3rd and 4th gen 1500s for customers. Im not on this forum too much as I use another forum so I don't have much pictures over here that will change though once I get back to PA

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In due time young buck. Im east coast guy up here in PA. But travel a lot. Right now I'm in SC with my 2nd gen looking at a companies new lockers that I might use. All my trucks are prepared for offroad this 01 3500 SRW weighs a hefty bit due to everything. I haven't owned a 1500 until I had a 96 1500 I bought back in 2015 that was the only 1500 I have owned but have done lifts on 3rd and 4th gen 1500s for customers. Im not on this forum too much as I use another forum so I don't have much pictures over here that will change though once I get back to PA

Shop name/website/Facebook/Instagram?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Where in pa? I'm in west jersey right on the Delaware. Local to Ok4wd for a landmark reference.

44s on a full size is a lot of truck for east coast chit. You over on pirate4x4 or which forum do you normally use. Your setup is on the extreme end for normal forums where most are interested in just level kits.