Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruiserRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just so im clear what do you guys want from a bumper? I'll see if I can get a CAD drawing up tonight

I am looking for a tubular frame with plate steel or aluminum bumper too...but nothing out there currently quite fits the bill. The best I've found so far are the ICI Baja:
PRF200DG-ICI-Dodge-Ram-Baja-Front-Bumper-C.jpg Screenshot_20190318-225406.png

Or the ADD Stealth:

ram-1500-bumper.jpg

81x5lR4iDcL._SL1500_.jpg

I like the baja look, with the long center skid, showing the tires. I personally prefer a little lower coverage on either side of the center skid, to help shield suspension components and other things. I like a prerunner tube bar, but the ones offered on the ICI and ADD for the RAM 1500 are super low and don't look to accommodate decent sized lights (like the last picture, above.). I'm not a fan of light bars. Also, neither bumper has recovery points! WTF.

So, ideally I'd build a baja style bumper, with a single, tallish prerunner tube bar, holes/shelf to mount 4 aprox. 6" lights, recovery points (OR the ability to use the factory tow hooks!) and a place to mount a front license plate (california...). I'd want it decently light weight, not stick out like a huge underbite, and go all the way up to the lights (I have a sport/express one-piece bumper).

Personally....I don't have a winch and don't desire to install one. I would rather be light and fast with this truck.

Winch will go on my future jeep!

[

51h3zTWeAjL.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like(d) that ICI but ******** that thing pokes hard on the outside corners. Why do these bumpers gotta hang so far out? Make em flush or like 3/4" poke on the outside edges so they jive with some flares. 4" poke either side to go with fiberglass fenders seems like a minority preference, even when we are talking baja style.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for a tubular frame with plate steel or aluminum bumper too...but nothing out there currently quite fits the bill. The best I've found so far are the ICI Baja:
View attachment 159497 View attachment 159498

Or the ADD Stealth:

View attachment 159501

View attachment 159499

I like the baja look, with the long center skid, showing the tires. I personally prefer a little lower coverage on either side of the center skid, to help shield suspension components and other things. I like a prerunner tube bar, but the ones offered on the ICI and ADD for the RAM 1500 are super low and don't look to accommodate decent sized lights (like the last picture, above.). I'm not a fan of light bars. Also, neither bumper has recovery points! WTF.

So, ideally I'd build a baja style bumper, with a single, tallish prerunner tube bar, holes/shelf to mount 4 aprox. 6" lights, recovery points (OR the ability to use the factory tow hooks!) and a place to mount a front license plate (california...). I'd want it decently light weight, not stick out like a huge underbite, and go all the way up to the lights (I have a sport/express one-piece bumper).

Personally....I don't have a winch and don't desire to install one. I would rather be light and fast with this truck.

[

View attachment 159500
Im seeing what I can do. Light.... isn't going to happen though. Im in the process of coming up with something

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So 4 Wheel Parts just called me to let me know that all my things are in.... except the bilstiens.

I called earlier today to get a status report. They contacted Bilstien and i guess Bilstien said that they will ship them mid June.....

Then he asked me "what I wanna do." That I'm not sure, the Icon fronts are literally 1000 dollars more.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So 4 Wheel Parts just called me to let me know that all my things are in.... except the bilstiens.

I called earlier today to get a status report. They contacted Bilstien and i guess Bilstien said that they will ship them mid June.....

Then he asked me "what I wanna do." That I'm not sure, the Icon fronts are literally 1000 dollars more.
At this point it seems bilstein has no interest in making good on filling orders. What about fox 2.0 coilovers?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At this point it seems bilstein has no interest in making good on filling orders. What about fox 2.0 coilovers?

Im realllllly not sold on the fox 2.0s, in my mind the 6112s are better quality for less money. 6112s are 850, 2.0s are 1300. 55% more money for a worse product. Yuck.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Im realllllly not sold on the fox 2.0s, in my mind the 6112s are better quality for less money. 6112s are 850, 2.0s are 1300. 55% more money for a worse product. Yuck.
That exchange rate really sucks a hard one. Holy chit.

Umm.....damn....i love these freaking 6112s for what they are....

What about falcons

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haha going full circle now. Ive been researching for monthssss before settling on what i did. Heard/seen multiple people complain about falcons although i like their promo videos haha.

Falcons id have to ditch the icon rear shocks and i would have wasted my money on the rear springs sitting in my living room. I dont think falcon can accommodate any extra height in the rear. Oh, and a set of falcons with the tow/hauls out back are like $1900.

6112s, rear icon 2.0 and eibach springs came to about 1550. Gets me all new coils and shocks, falcon is 1900 for shocks alone.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Haha going full circle now. Ive been researching for monthssss before settling on what i did. Heard/seen multiple people complain about falcons although i like their promo videos haha.

Falcons id have to ditch the icon rear shocks and i would have wasted my money on the rear springs sitting in my living room. I dont think falcon can accommodate any extra height in the rear. Oh, and a set of falcons with the tow/hauls out back are like $1900.

6112s, rear icon 2.0 and eibach springs came to about 1550. Gets me all new coils and shocks, falcon is 1900 for shocks alone.
Ndjsjakdndhsiaj&$&#>@*;#$&#>@>×*÷,$

That's ass crack. Just keep searching the web on a daily basis for 6112s. I scooped mine up on car id on a Sunday they literally popped up in stock just randomly. I never intended on these, it just happened.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ndjsjakdndhsiaj&$&#>@*;#$&#>@>×*÷,$

That's ass crack. Just keep searching the web on a daily basis for 6112s. I scooped mine up on car id on a Sunday they literally popped up in stock just randomly. I never intended on these, it just happened.

The lovely thing about canada is that there are like 2 retailers in the entire country for Bilstiens... i am disappointed. I might see if they'll give me a retention discount. Either filthy cheap 6112s i have to wait for, or filthy cheap icons right now.

Not a ******** chance im paying 1800 for icons.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The lovely thing about canada is that there are like 2 retailers in the entire country for Bilstiens... i am disappointed. I might see if they'll guve me a retention discount. Either filthy cheap 6112s i have to wait for, or filthy cheap icons right now.

Not a ******** chance im paying 1800 for icons.
I don't blame you man, that sucks. I had the same **** with my eibach *********. I spent a month every day looking at things before I happened upon 6112s. I'll keep my eyes peeled, I'm helping another member look as well. I'll freaking buy them here and we'll figure shipping out if I stumble across them.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
They come out to about $955 canadian, shipped - before customs gets a hold of them and decides how much more i should have to pay.

4wp is 850, free pick-up and i bought during march madness so theyd work out to 750.

Im going to dig a bit tomorrow and see what i come up with.
Where in Canada are ya?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
None of my ideas are feasable, is smuggle them across the border for ya if they were closer

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
None of my ideas are feasable, is smuggle them across the border for ya if they were closer

I appreciate the thought. Little concerned on where you might be putting that 6112, being such a 'girthy' piece of kit, but grateful anyways.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I appreciate the thought. Little concerned on where you might be putting that 6112, being such a 'girthy' piece of kit, but grateful anyways.
Well, idk what you do in Canada but here is the US of Murica we don't keester things [emoji23][emoji23] is just non chalantly drive across the border with 6112s installed and set to your desired settings and head back down with oem struts swapped in. But smuggle how ever you desire [emoji848]

BmSzondi89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 159497 View attachment 159498

Or the ADD Stealth:

View attachment 159501

View attachment 159499

[

View attachment 159500

Hey, Thats my Ram. The granite crystal metallic one with the ICI bumper. I personally liked the 3" of over width to go with the 1 piece front end we are working on. You are definitely able to attach recovery points to the bottom frame horn mounts where the bumper attaches. These bumpers are very light and do not have a huge underbite either i have some side profile pics if you'd like

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im seeing what I can do. Light.... isn't going to happen though. Im in the process of coming up with something

Just for a reference point on weight, i think my upper bumper/upper skid plate weighs in around 90lbs, and then the (mandatory in my opinion, idk why they dont just sell it as a package aside from maybe making replacement of dented lowers easier) lower skid plate assembly is probably in the 35lb range. All in for the bumper with no lights on it about 125lb.

Id probably call anything over 200lb "heavy". Im not sure what something like an iron cross with 'prerunner bar' weighs but i would expect it to be up over 200lb.