Rear shocks leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Meatman8769

Meatman8769

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it would be Fox part number 985-24-032 for stock height rear, I'd confirm with @Nick@GotExhaust above since I'm not sure if the Warlock has longer rear springs to match the slight lift in the front.

Also, I do recommend the Thuren shock nut kit, it'll cut down the install and then later on reinstall time significantly.
Ya the warlock comes with a 1" in rear. I've put the same in the front to level it out. It says on the Fox site they fit just need the proper adjustments

OP
OP
Meatman8769

Meatman8769

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it would be Fox part number 985-24-032 for stock height rear, I'd confirm with @Nick@GotExhaust above since I'm not sure if the Warlock has longer rear springs to match the slight lift in the front.

Also, I do recommend the Thuren shock nut kit, it'll cut down the install and then later on reinstall time significantly.
Same part number I've been looking at. Says it'll fit the warlock

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same part number I've been looking at. Says it'll fit the warlock

I have the slightly longer version of that shock in my truck with my lift springs and I'm happy with them, they aren't high end race shocks but they are a very good upgrade from stock and I prefer them over the ride of the 5100s I had before.

OP
OP
Meatman8769

Meatman8769

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the slightly longer version of that shock in my truck with my lift springs and I'm happy with them, they aren't high end race shocks but they are a very good upgrade from stock and I prefer them over the ride of the 5100s I had before.
I think I'm sold. Rather put in better now than replace something less in the long run. I'd be kicking myself saying why didn't I do it from the beginning

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When replacing the shock absorber..if I put in either a fox or bilstein in do I have to replace the coil as well. Are the stock coils compatible with the other shock absorbers or do they require the entire thing replaced?

Replacing the stock rear coils are not necessary. These shock options will work with the oem rear coils. If you want to improve the rear ride even further, yes we can replace the rear coils as well.

OP
OP
Meatman8769

Meatman8769

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think so, if you have a 2wd the front has regular shocks but they are different than the rears, 4wd the front has struts.
Yes! Did some more digging. Talked to my mechanic as well. Gave me the run down. I'm a framer. Know a lot about house building not alot about truck building. But want what's best in my ride. Will have my 19' for many years and figure do the the best from the beginning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye