Rear Spring Part # for max tow springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I recently bought an ATV that I carry in the bed of the RAM on occasion. I would like to replace my stock springs with the MOPAR max tow package springs. Does anyone know (or know how to figure out) the correct part number. There are at least a half dozen different springs and the parts website don’t do a good job explaining which ones are which.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could buy aftermarket springs that are extra load springs as well. Or add airbags that go inside the springs

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Also look into TufTruck springs, many on here have them, including me, and I've not heard anyone who wasn't happy with them

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You could buy aftermarket springs that are extra load springs as well. Or add airbags that go inside the springs
I can’t, I have the MOPAR lift. Airbags (specifically the type that go inside the spring)

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
AirLift and TimberGrove air bags offer spacer/adapters for lifted trucks, I think for sizes for up to 6" lifts.
I think most of the Mopar lift kits come with oversized springs, so heavy duty replacement springs may not work.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
AirLift and TimberGrove air bags offer spacer/adapters for lifted trucks, I think for sizes for up to 6" lifts.
I think most of the Mopar lift kits come with oversized springs, so heavy duty replacement springs may not work.
I looked into it. The only AirLift kit that could potentially work on my truck is the LoadLifter 5000. Their spacers are generic and not application-specific. I'd be better off fabricating something myself (which is what I might end up doing). The only thing I don't like about the AirLift LoadLifter 5000 kit is the fact you have to cut off the stock bump stop bracket. Not a fan of cutting things off my truck.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can’t, I have the MOPAR lift. Airbags (specifically the type that go inside the spring)

Mopar 2" lift adds a 2" spacer in the back. You can ditch the spacer and get Clayton 2.5 springs https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-25-triple-rate-rear-coil-springs-2020-jt

They will give the Rebel/ORP trucks a 1.5” lift over stock. 2.5” taller than stock on a non Rebel/ORP setup.

The springs rates are much stiffer than anything Mopar has that's considered tow anything. And because they're progressive and triple rate, you'll only be on the stiffer rate when loaded to the roof. Otherwise they handle like stock and you don't feel the stiffer rates. I introduced the 5th gen folks in the other forum to these springs and now there are around 5-6 fellas running them with Fox 2.5 or King 2.5 performance kits. Perfect springs for expedition tasks which is why I run them in my truck as well. Truck Drives like a stock does with them and they can handle extra weigth with ease.

You can also do Icon 1.5" springs but you'll need 1" spacers to reach 2" lift. so this route will cost you a little more. Icons have very similar rates as Clayton as well.

Over The Hill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 2018. 2021
Engine
Eco-Diesel, 5.7 Hemi
I just bought from SDTRUCKSPRINGS.COM springs that keep truck same height and add 35% load capacity. Had them on my 2018 Laramie 1500 and they didn't change the ride enough to notice.
Check them out.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mopar 2" lift adds a 2" spacer in the back. You can ditch the spacer and get Clayton 2.5 springs https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-gladiator-25-triple-rate-rear-coil-springs-2020-jt
That link is for Jeep Gladiator Springs. I didn't spend $1200 on the Mopar/Fox lift to put springs made for a Gladiator. Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not willing to retro something that's not meant for my truck. I still have to drive this everyday and plan on putting 150K+ miles on it. I want something engineered for my specific vehicle.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That link is for Jeep Gladiator Springs. I didn't spend $1200 on the Mopar/Fox lift to put springs made for a Gladiator. Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not willing to retro something that's not meant for my truck. I still have to drive this everyday and plan on putting 150K+ miles on it. I want something engineered for my specific vehicle.

Is not a Retro anything bro. Sure you wouldn't be able to fit RAM rear TOP spacers cause the springs are a little wider than the stockers but they're are straight fit, they're thicker and better engineered coils than anything you think you'll find in the RAM aftermarket coil springs. I've been around the offroad block and know a thing or two about quality and what works.

I run valved and tuned Kings 2.5 performance CO's and shocks in my truck, and i have 5 times that amount you spent on Mopar engineering in aftermarket suspension components that will mop the floor with whatever you think Mopar did with that $1200 kit, 97k miles here btw, daily driver and weekend toy.

50654084328_88a1122a79_k.jpg2020-11-27_04-16-17 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

50366028797_9aea5b8ac5_k.jpg2020-09-20_06-12-32 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

50654810446_05197d5fbe_k.jpg2020-11-27_04-11-35 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

50779595626_1e7e7b4250_k.jpg2020-12-30_07-47-45 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

My rear control arms are all from the Gladiator, same with the trackbar, same with the rear coil springs. All straight fit, FCA borrowed rear control arms and trackbar from the 4th gen RAM 1500 in case you didn't know and fitted the back of the Gladiator with them. No cut no welding anything, shut you wouldnt even have to modify the lenght of the Gladiator aftermarket adjustable arms or rear trackbar to fit your truck.

Have fun with Your "engineered options" , you either have "shorter" harsh linear springs that will give you xx amount of lift simple based on how much weight you add, btw do you even know the spring rate on your factory coils ? i bet know that answer :) Even the ORP coils will sag with just an ATV in the bed, thats Mopar for you but hey, what do we know right...

Since you're so scared of the HD aftermarket why not get just a set of airbags and pay somebody to install them ? super cheap and super easy. I know people super happy with that setup and not a lot to thinker with other than to make sure you're not pinching the air lines.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can also try Icon 1.5" rear springs. They're 1" shorter than ORP but thanks to their construction they have a little stiffer rate than the ORP ones. And they're RAM 1500 specific lol. Just not 5th gen specific but they say they fit the DT trucks . lol. How about the shorties from Tufftruck? , i think for what i've seen they're all 4h gen truck coil springs, not even a single one made specifically for the DT truck and who knows how many other trucks can run the same part# :)

Since you don't have the ORP springs, Icons will lift your butt 1-1.25", they'll sag about 1/2" with 400lbs in the bed. Same with those Gladiator springs. the problem for you and the Claytons is that you'll have a 2.5" brazilian butt on stock truck weight. Icons will sag about 1" with about 1000lbs. Claytons will hold a tad more than that cause they have a little heavier rate at that much load compared to Icons. If you need more height from the Icons then you can add an 1" spacer. now what what you do with that much rear rake ? Now you have to thinker with the silly stuff haha.

Air bags are sounding a lot better in your case and they're only like $80 or so. Don't think you need anything special since the concern is just an ATV in the bed and keeping your rear level. The air bags will give you exactly that. Easy peasy.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is not a Retro anything bro. Sure you wouldn't be able to fit RAM rear TOP spacers cause the springs are a little wider than the stockers but they're are straight fit, they're thicker and better engineered coils than anything you think you'll find in the RAM aftermarket coil springs. I've been around the offroad block and know a thing or two about quality and what works.

You have a nice rig for you, but it's not at all what I'm looking for. First I'm not putting springs made for a Gladiator on a 5th get ram. Second, I have no interest in off-roading my RAM (I have a Jeep for that). Thanks for your suggestion, but def not the direction I'm looking to go.

OP
OP
S

spinxt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
UPDATE:
So I decided to go all in with an AirLift system. I went with the following:
- LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Plus
- 2” spacer (to compensate form the MOPAR lift)
- WirelessAir Gen 2 Compressor system

I didn’t NEED the compressor, but after finding out that I could control the pressure in the bags from a wireless remote or iPhone app, there’s no way I’d be happy pulling out a bulky compressor or air tank every time i needed to change the pressure. I run a couple different trailers and often put an ATV in the bed. The convenience of pushing a few buttons to adapt the ride/ height will be priceless.