Rear Track Bar snapped? Or was it cut?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get us a closer, better focused picture of the part where it broke, like an end on shot. Looks like maybe there are teeth marks in the thing from a saw. Not quite sure though.

I don't see any evidence of a stress induced failure of the parent material, leads me to believe that it was cut.

I did swap my OEM bar for a Core 4x4 bar and once I did the swap, it was obvious my OEM bar was bent. I would think that a factory bar failure would look different though.
How did you know the oem was bent? I’m trying to figure out why at 70 or higher on interstate my truck feels like it is shaking? I’m not sure if it’s cuz I have new duratracs on it, the four inch lift or maybe this bar has gone to crap?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you know the oem was bent? I’m trying to figure out why at 70 or higher on interstate my truck feels like it is shaking? I’m not sure if it’s cuz I have new duratracs on it, the four inch lift or maybe this bar has gone to crap?
It was obvious once I set it on the ground after replacing it. Couldn't tell when it was still on the truck though.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This wouldn’t cause shaking at75 right? I’m starting to think my duratracs might be the issue.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks to me like half cut then snapped...theres rust and there's shiny.i also see teeth marks

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a bad balance job. Could be bad ball joints or loose steering linkage too.
I just.had ball joints replaced maybe I can get discount tire to try and road force balance them.

Rasworld84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just.had ball joints replaced maybe I can get discount tire to try and road force balance them.
Justin, im having the same issue with my Ram 1500. 4 inch lift and added GoodYear Wranglers ultraterrian A/T tires and it shakes just in the rear going 70mph. It drives fine under 70mph. Having the tires Road Force Balance today to see if that helps. Any luck with yours?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I would not worry about what caused the track bar to break, just put on a new one. I would also check out the rest of the lift and make sure it was done correctly.

With respect the vibration issues; Large off road tires are hard to make perfectly round and evenly weighted. If it takes too much weight to balance the tires make them replace the tire. Last time I bought tires they went through 7 to get 4 good ones. This shop is great becasue they won't mount out of round or out of weight tires or tires that take too much weight to balance. Not all tire shops are anywhere near that good at what they do.

You can Road Force balance and it helps but if the tire has belts that aren't evenly laid down, more weight on one side etc, at some point that is going to show up in how it behaves.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Justin, im having the same issue with my Ram 1500. 4 inch lift and added GoodYear Wranglers ultraterrian A/T tires and it shakes just in the rear going 70mph. It drives fine under 70mph. Having the tires Road Force Balance today to see if that helps. Any luck with yours?
Let me know if that helped I have a empty gum container I sue for change and it shakes the shut outta that like a Salvation Army bell.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
My 11 crew cab sport 4x4 no lift kit, vibrated in the rear at 70. Sold not forgotten.

My 16 crew cab Laramie 4x4, no lift kit vibrates in the rear at 70.

Multiple sets of wheels, factory and aftermarket, Multiple sets of tires over 230k miles combined.

Drive 65, no vibration, drive 75 no vibration. Drive 70 vibration. Got to be in the design of the vehicle. Probably drivekine related.

My 14 RT, does not vibrate at any speed. Aftermarket 5 inch driveshaft.

I'm thinking and it's a hunch, it might be driveline related. Maybe Carrier bearing, maybe driveshaft, could we control arm bushings, etc.

Last, doesn't seem to reveal itself if loaded or towing.

My thoughts