Rear wheel well liners?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Glenn54, Apr 18, 2019.

1. DRkNESS

DRkNESS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    ^^^. Thank you, I’m selling / trading them as I want a lighter colored wheels for my truck.

2. Glenn54

Glenn54 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    I picked up my rear fender well liners and had them installed at the dealer today. I had asked the salesman if there would be an extra charge and he said yes but not much. I should have known to get the exact cost. Initially, they charged me $240, almost $90 for each liner. After a bit of complaining, they lowered the price to $56 each and $59 for installation, total of $180. Lesson learned. Good thing is I didn't have to do the work.

DRkNESS likes this.
  3. USAFCHIEF

USAFCHIEF Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2019 BIGHORN Crew Cab
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Guys, My 2019 Bighorn did not come with full wheel well liners only a partial in the front and rear of the tire. I checked ROCKAUTO but the shipping was out of sight. Therefore, I purchased MOPAR OEM liners from my dealer with a list price of $63.95 each but was able to get a 15% discount by listing them as an accessories purchase along with 8 screws. I installed them myself which took @ 45min each. I left the partial wheel wells behind the new line for added strength. All in all my cost came $125.06. The full liner is not as "heavy" a material as the partial liners but it does the job and looks much better!
    Sam

Glenn54 likes this.
  4. USAFCHIEF

USAFCHIEF Junior Member

Ram Year:
    2019 BIGHORN Crew Cab
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Guys, My 2019 Bighorn did not come with full wheel well liners only a partial in the front and rear of the tire. I checked ROCKAUTO but the shipping was out of sight. Therefore, I purchased MOPAR OEM liners from my dealer with a list price of $63.95 each but was able to get a 15% discount by listing them as an accessories purchase along with 8 screws. I installed them myself which took @ 45min each. I left the partial wheel wells behind the new line for added strength. All in all my cost came $125.06. The full liner is not as "heavy" a material as the partial liners but it does the job and looks much better!
    Sam

JD Martin likes this.
  5. JD Martin

JD Martin Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Pictures? I know what wheel well liners look like but wanted to see if they looked any different by leaving the partials in place. Also, how long did it take you to do this job and what did you have to disassemble? I'm thinking of getting these myself as I sometimes find myself in mud at job sites and I've noticed there's a lot of nooks and crannies for the mud to get stuck in without full liners in there.

6. Mehgyver

Mehgyver Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L V8
    did you have to buy the extra clips or did yours come with the factory flares? My bighorn doesnt have the factory flares and im missing some of the clips id need for screwing the screws into and the last time i looked I couldnt find a good place to buy them that had them actually in stock.

7. Glenn54

Glenn54 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Thanks Chief. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. How'd you get the 15% discount? Are you still a chief in the Air Force or retired?

8. Musky Mike

Musky Mike Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
  9. TerraNewf

TerraNewf Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    My truck was factory ordered. I don't remember ordering the wheel well liners but they are on there. Someone mentioned that the Limited model has them included in the package, maybe the Longhorn has them included as well. I will check my build sheet today and report back.

10. KC5TGQ

KC5TGQ Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Etorque
    There kinda like panty liners. Its just a little extra insurance.